Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I'm not so sure you're legit after all.    
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Here’s my $0.02 - I use 65% Boveda packs for the humidor I store my ‘smokers’ in. And if the RH should happen to go as low as 62% that’s even better. I find my sticks smoke better at 62%.

70% is better for aging or long term storage. 

Regarding the analog hygrometer that continues to hold at 72% - it’s probably stuck. Toss it and stick with calibrated digitals. Or hold it over a steaming teakettle to see if it’ll move. Either way, it’s junk. Get rid of it. 

And if if you don’t believe me, try googling analog hygrometers to learn how they’re made. I’ve read accounts where the sensing part of the mechanism was originally a hair from a horse’s tail. Other accounts mention a blonde human hair - do either of those methods sound very scientific to you?
  • Options
    Gags1892Gags1892 Posts: 15
    The analog is now even with the digital. 
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gags1892 said:
    The analog is now even with the digital. 
    Are they both at 72% ?

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d still toss it. Like I said, google them. Find out just how ancient the technology behind the analogs is. 

Or not - I couldn’t care less.  B)
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few analog hygrometers I'm going to throw away just because of this thread

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna buy Capri 25 Ct. glass-top humidor just so I can pry out the built-in useless analog hygrometer with a rusty ice-pick, crush that lying despicable hygrometer in a vise, and throw the pieces left of that nasty, no-count, miserable hygrometer in the trash. Then I'm gonna cover the ugly hole left by the missing loathsome hygrometer with duct tape. Next I'll wipe down the inside with a sopping wet sponge, twice, and 6 hours after that start a thread asking how come my RH is too high, and if y'all think it's OK to add cigars yet.