Home Cigar 101

Seasoning the NewAir CC-100H CC-300 with Boveda

Jeffcor90Jeffcor90 Posts: 3
How many 84% Boveda seasoing packs do I need to put in each to season them correctly?

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it have Spanish cedar liner or trays in it?  Picture?
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Jeffcor90Jeffcor90 Posts: 3
    Yakster said:
    Does it have Spanish cedar liner or trays in it?  Picture?

yes spanish cedar it says
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With these coolidors, I usually wipe my cedar down and use the water tray it comes with. I've never used Boveda seasoning packs, never will. Regular Boveda to maintain humidity, sure.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Jeffcor90Jeffcor90 Posts: 3
    BKDog said:
    With these coolidors, I usually wipe my cedar down and use the water tray it comes with. I've never used Boveda seasoning packs, never will. Regular Boveda to maintain humidity, sure.
    how would you do it that way? is there a certain amount of water to put in the tray?

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Jeffcor90 said:
    BKDog said:
    how would you do it that way? is there a certain amount of water to put in the tray?

Nope. Water is water, and the bulk of the coolidor is plastic inside, so gently wet down the cedar with a clean sponge and don't soak it. Repeat the process until the cedar is saturated well, I usually just do 3 or 4 light coats. The water in the tray it comes with will work to get it nicely set. Then, after it passes RH stability for a few hours, go to the Boveda or whatever you intend to use permanently. I also have the New Air and Whynter so I've done it. Not a ton of wood, it's not a huge deal. The part a lot of folks get wrong is time. You don't need days or weeks, just an hour or three to get the humidity to level out. With a larger all wooden humidor, you will need much more time and I trust the word of folks who have done it.

Edit: And by water, I only mean distilled water.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like using a spray bottle full of distilled water to wet down my cedar trays, like during the winter when things dry out a bit.  It's an easy way to get the right amount of water on the wood.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No comment...…...