Home General Discussion

PO prices

PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was very surprised to find out today just how much the prices/structuring has changed.  A box that in the past cost 4.00 was almost $10.00.  I used a small nonflat rate box for this, just an FYI. 
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
MOW badge received.

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had another rate hike in January.  Seems like they're coming more frequently nowadays.  It sucks, especially for those who use them in business.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally learned how to use the Regional Box A on the USPS.com site and how it can really save money when shipping the pass on to @Waternerd.  The key is to enter a package weight up to 13 pounds instead of clicking "I am Shipping Flat Rate" to see the Priority Mail® Regional Rate Box A option on the site.

It's $8.12 for a Regional Box A to Allan compared to $14.35 for a Medium Flat Rate Box.  I'm sure it's cheaper if you use your own box.  First Class Mail would be cheaper (but you can't buy it on the USPS site, just the PayPal site) and the limit is now 15.99 oz, but I was over that.

Priority Mail® Regional Rate Box A
    Side Loading: 13-1/16" x 11-1/16" x 2-1/2"
    Top Loading: 10-1/8" x 7-1/8" x 5"

Priority Mail® Medium Flat Rate Box
    11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2
    13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their flat rates did not move that much in comparison to how they now structure their nonflat rate, this is less than 8oz.  Crazy!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subsidizing Amazon and China. I bought a bluetooth OBDII adapter from China for $2.66 delivered thru USPS. Small box but can any of you businessmen send anything for $2.66,  the product is available here for $30 but they couldn't ship it here for a couple bucks.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I read somewhere that China gov't subsidizes shipping.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $17 to deliver 2 pillows.