Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Offensive or not?

2»

Comments

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the had a brown bag around the 40, then it could be taken as offensive.  Other than that it's a stretch!
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where'd you get that photo???
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amateurs, I once played Edward growler hands.  I was super I had a girlfriend to help me out that day.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Selfie
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amateurs, I once played Edward growler hands.  I was super I had a girlfriend to help me out that day.
    Quite the star, you are.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    Yakster said:
    Selfie

If it wasn't for the unicorn in the background, you could convince me that someone took that of me and I was too blotto to remember it.  I was a beer bong champ in college pounding Olde English 800 Talls prior to going out for the evening.
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    jd50ae said:
    Yakster said:
    Selfie

If it wasn't for the unicorn in the background, you could convince me that someone took that of me and I was too blotto to remember it.  I was a beer bong champ in college pounding Olde English 800 Talls prior to going out for the evening.
    Are you sure they weren't 40's.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    No.
  • Options
    CigarsonistCigarsonist Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Yakster nothing says “middle school” like 40’s of Oldie
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    No.
    Well well well
    Another person who actually read the post....
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Yakster said:
    jd50ae said:
    Yakster said:
    Selfie

I googled Edward 40oz and that was one of the images. Since you asked, I went back just now and found it again and clicked on the address that it came from and I see a couple more photos from the same party plus more stuff. 

https://hiveminer.com/Tags/40oz%2Cdrinking

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's wrong to dismiss some "offense" as being told to be offended.  Rather, it's a matter of listening to people.  And people matter.  You can decide their offense is without good grounding, but I'm reluctant to dismiss it simply because I'm not offended.

In this case, I'd have trouble taking the offense seriously.  I worked in the hood and they made fun of the 40 drinkers plenty.  I wouldn't think whatever the label that a 40 of water would remind someone of a 40 of malt, anyway.  Once it was pointed out, I kinda saw the connection, but still had trouble taking it as something offensive.  Possibly, it's exploitative.  I could see it trying to reach a kid who admires someone who drinks 40s.  I'd also expect that kid to want it in a brown bag...
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Image result for jaguar vs king cobra beer

I read that both Jaguar and King Cobra (made by Anheuser-Busch), were the same brew, marketed side by side to see which sold better. King Cobra won that battle and subsequently, Jaguar bottles are now a prized item among 40oz bottle collectors.

Yeah, who knew there were 40oz bottle curators out there? 

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:

I read that both Jaguar and King Cobra (made by Anheuser-Busch), were the same brew, marketed side by side to see which sold better. King Cobra won that battle and subsequently, Jaguar bottles are now a prized item among 40oz bottle collectors.

I'm offended!  Those look like Mello Yello bottles to me!  Are they trying to get kids hooked on High Fructose Corn Syrup?  The deadliest of all killers?  Gassp!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:

King Cobras...We used to buy and drink those all the time back in high school. Good ole days great times!
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    Bob_Luken said:

King Cobras...We used to buy and drink those all the time back in high school. Good ole days great times!
    We used to call it being "Snake Bit"
  • Options
    I'm not really sure if I've ever actually drank a 40oz. I remember a few times I had a big-azz bottle of Old English 800 in my hand, but they may have been drank (drunk?) (I was a little bit, yeah,) back when they were still in quart jugs. 

How about a 40oz challenge? Buy a 40oz. (Let us know if you get any weird looks from folks at the quickie-mart.) Drink it. Tell us about it. Selfies appreciated. Maybe I should call it a dare instead of a challenge because it just sounds like a bad idea,... for me. 
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've drank a 40 of Coors Light while out camping multiple times. Not any different than drinking a 4 cans, except I don't have to get up as much.

And a yeti rambler handle will fit on them.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the day I used to resort to Carling's Black Label Giant Imperial Quarts $0.70 (plus .05 deposit when qts. came in refillable bottles) when I couldn't afford Ballantine Ale.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the day I used to resort to Carling's Black Label Giant Imperial Quarts $0.70 (plus .05 deposit when qts. came in refillable bottles) when I couldn't afford Ballantine Ale.
    Yup, in those days, they didn't have 40 oz'ers, just quarts.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody remember Rheingold beer?
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    May have to try this Brass Monkey recipe

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    Anybody remember Rheingold beer?
    Yes, but I haven't seen one in > 40 years.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes... and I had to pay $.39 per quart plus deposit.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After I puke from the thought of drinking that crap I will have a real beer.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.