Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Padrón 6000 Series Natural Torpedo - Simple Cigar Analysis

Cigar & Manufacturer: Padrón 6000 Series Natural(Also Available in Maduro)
Sizes Available: Torpedo (5.5×52)
Wrapper: Nicaraguan 
Binder: Nicaraguan 
Filler: Nicaraguan 
Country of Origin: Nicaraguan 

Analysis: FACT: The Padrón 6000 Torpedo available in Natural and Maduro is the only Torpedo shaped cigar offered throughout the Padrón company's Classic Series lines of cigars (Padrón 2000-7000). The 6000 Torpedo in Natural is the stick I'm specifically focusing on in this review. All of the tobacco inside the 6000 Torpedo is from Nicaragua which gives this cigar tons of that trademark Padrón flavor. It has a perfectly rolled, tight, firm construction and the cigar burns slow with an absolute perfect draw. The ones I have burned have never needed to be touched up a single time. They are just a great cigar, especially if you want the Padrón experience without having to spend the kind of money you would spend smoking many of their other lines.

Flavor Notes: The pre-light draw has very earthy, clean leather notes in it. When the cigar is lit i get a roasted grains, and a toasty, what reminds me of unsweetened cocoa powder taste. The cigar offers a very full, complex flavor in what is a right in the middle of medium bodied smoke.

Overall Impression: The ash on the Padrón 6000 Torpedo that I burned for this review stayed on until the last inch and a half of the cigar, just under where the band was. If anything it just reinforced the impression that I already had that the construction of this cigar is supreme. I love this stick, the shape, the duration of the smoke; but all of that with those amazingly distinctive Padrón flavors in a medium body it makes it hard not to really appreciate this stick. I'd recommend it for sure, especially if you've maybe only been smoking for a while and you want to branch into a more premium cigar experience. Or maybe your only into buying more value sticks and you want to grow, or step up into a higher quality smoke but not completely break the bank.