Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Lawn Care fanatics?

2»

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mower died, or is on it's last leg.  The grass is really long, it'll likely be brown and thin this summer again. I guess I need a new mower.
    We've been wanting to zeroscape the front yard and get rid of that grass completely, but then the rains came and brought back the grass.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    @danielzreyes Man you chippin from 12ft? I'll be honest, I'll send a couple when I'm drunk 150 yards off the deck, through the woods on to my neighbors roof. They throw grapefruit in my woods and attracts c o o n s and the dillo, I say its even lol
    I'm chipping to the other pin.
     It's hard to see in the pic but on the other side of the green is another pin. From flag to flag is about 28 ft
    Damn that sure fooled me! I saw the other pin but had no clue that it was that far in the pic. Man nice setup you got there.
    I take that back. 22ft from pin to pin. About 28+ from end to end of the green. 

I use to have real grass but it was too hard to maintain with the summer heat.  Also the water bill wasnt friendly to my wallet.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I like my lawn au naturale.  The “weeds” are just a marketing campaign by #biggrass to get us common folk to buy more fertilizer.

Clover, dandelions, and creeping charlie are one of the largest, and most important resource for bees (and other pollinators) in urban areas. 

My neighbors can hate all they want.  I like bees more than I like my neighbors anyways.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went the easy route and hired TruGreen for fertilizing. More expensive but makes it easier on me. I just have to mow. Grass is already bright green and lush. Mowed for the second time yesterday. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 2 others before but they couldn’t get rid of the nutsedge so I fired them after I went to the depot and got stuff and sprayed 1 time and it was gone. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you boys tired of mowing yet?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Oh yes.

I bought a battery operated mower and whipped the lawns into shape. It's nice not having to deal with the cord, but my last was a mulching mower and this one has a small grass catcher that needs to be emptied often. Then I realized what was wrong with the old mower and fixed it.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my tenant just found a receipt from the local lawn company in her door. They sprayed our yard with something and put "poison-keep off" signs on our yard. The receipt was for a different address. We grow organic produce and harvest the grass clippings for our fruit trees and garden. Not happy!

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    If I never had to mow again, I'd be happy.  My least favorite chores:
    1. Hand washing dishes (counters and sinks aren't made for 6'5" guys and it kills my back.)
    2. Mowing
    3. Bathroom cleaning.

You can have puke and poop everywhere, and I'd rather do that than mow.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.