Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Problem with propane stove.

Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know you guys and gals are pretty handy so maybe you can help me out. The other night I went to turn the oven on and it would not light. The burners work as well as the broiler, but none of the oven settings. Could it be the valve is dirty or clogged that lets the propane go into the oven? The range is only 2 years old. TIA
You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible. It's also possible that the hose is just turned off. Check the interior and exterior valves and make sure they are open. If they are, close them and try to clean the valve. I'm assuming this is a house tank, in which case check with your provider. Most will include this kind of maintenance as part of the fill if you ask.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You say the burners works as does the broiler.  Is the broiler a separate chamber or just the top of the oven?  Is your unit pilot lit or does it have spark ignitors.  Sparkers will make a distinct clicking when you turn it on.  Pilots just need to be lit.   If it's pilot lit, make sure the oven pilot is lit.  If sparkers, turn the gas off at the stove shutoff valve, turn the oven control on and listen for the clicks.   Your ignitor may have failed.  If you have ignitor spark or a working pilot, the oven control valve is your likely suspect.   If the rest of the unit is working as advertised, you're getting gas to the stove so your problem is internal to the stove. 
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    @Trykflyr_1, the broiler is in the oven on top. It has spark ignighters. I can hear a click when I turn the oven controls on. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    OK.   There's probably an access panel at the lower front of the stove to access the oven burner tube.   If not, it may be a panel in the bottom of the oven.  Unplug the stove, remove the panel, turn the iven on and see if you have any flow at the burner tube. Is this a recent issue?  Things were working normally until just a short time ago?
  • Options
    One other thing to check is tge oven temp controller.  It may be shutting off gas to the oven because its failed in the hot mode. If it "thinks" it's hotter than the temp selected.  There should be a sensor in the oven space.  
  • Options
    Yes, a new problem that just started the other night. I don't think any gas is going to the oven other than the broiler. I just checked the broiler again to make sure that I didn't miss something,but it came right on. Confusing.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thermocouple/temp probe.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be careful there, Doug.  Things can go awfully wrong w/ gas.

Are you sure Dawn didn't boobytrap the thing?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Yep, sounds like the temp sensor's gone.  Shouldn't be too hard to swap out.
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Thank you @miller65rod, great song but still doesn't solve my problem. Maybe I should get some propane!!!! LOL
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many things could be wrong, a bad regulator, if it's electric ignition, the igniter, flame sensor, but if you aren't getting gas, the I would suspect the regulator. 
    Is it an adjustable regulator or fixed?
    Meaning, does it have a knob on the regulator?

We go through thermocouple and regulators alot on asphalt machines.

If it is pilot, will the pilot light stay lit and when you turn the stove or oven on, does the pilot almost die down?

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.