My home cigar lounge (The Brooklyn Way)

TheBrooklynWayTheBrooklynWay New JerseyPosts: 48 ✭✭
I thought it would be cool to (and was asked by some cool members here) show my progress in my home cigar lounge. I started this about 3 years ago, worked on and off in between a busy schedule and having a child. So, I'm finally getting it done. This will be a life long project, so when I say "done", I mean to the stage where I can put furniture etc. All is left as far as hard work is putting up the wood planks on the wall, and the rock tile on another side of the wall. I'm getting my tower humidor soon, and am excited this is finally coming together.

This rooms ventilation was separated from the main house so that no smoke would enter the house at any time. I have fresh air coming from one side of the home (the side where I have windows), and the other side of my home (without windows) I have the smoke being pulled out to.

Any questions or comments welcomed. The photos are from where we started to now.

Answers

• peter4jcpeter4jc Milwaukee, WIPosts: 5,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice.

Is that 'snoopy' thing a RabbitAir?

I'm curious about the exhaust fans and how they send the smoke out of the house.  And the portable a/c... what do you have, and how effective is it?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken already sucked before joining forum,.....just sayin'.Posts: 6,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15
    Nice. When the duct-work is functional, I'd be curious to know how well the Hotpod duct heater does in heating the intake air from outside.

And you asked about the other threads where guys have posted their home cigar lounge build photos. Well, I'd have to remember what they named the threads at the time. But I did find one really good one. https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/897762/smoking-room/p1

If the rest of you guys can find any more of those old threads, bump em or post a link here :) 
  • Usaf06Usaf06 FloridaPosts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well im jelly
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill
  • YaksterYakster La Zona State of Mind when I haven't forgotten the coffee filtersPosts: 7,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know that I'd ever leave the lounge if I had that in my home.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today.

Join me on the Android vHerf (from link in Evernote on Android) or iOS vHerf Link -Chris
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Pittstown,NYPosts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding.
  • KenpoKnightKenpoKnight KansasPosts: 353 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow that will be awesome!
  • TheBrooklynWayTheBrooklynWay New JerseyPosts: 48 ✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Very nice.

Is that 'snoopy' thing a RabbitAir?

I'm curious about the exhaust fans and how they send the smoke out of the house.  And the portable a/c... what do you have, and how effective is it?
    Yes it is a RabbitAir. I will be painting the snoopy image though.

The exhaust fans work GREAT; (a little louder than I would like when running all three, but I'll be looking into a sound insulator *or rubber* & securing them a bit tighter to reduce noise), if you look at the image, you'll see I have three in the ceiling in each corner of the room. I also have the Rabbit. The Air intake goes to the floor to blow the air & smoke up. The portable AC isn't installed yet, not sure which model I'm going to go with.
    Usaf06 said:
    well im jelly
    Thank you. I'll take that as a compliment. :smiley:
    Yakster said:
    I don't know that I'd ever leave the lounge if I had that in my home.
    Yeah, my wife says I never do...well, I'm using the adjacent room for the time being to smoke, but I'm always in the lounge area lol
    No stripper pole? 
    I thought about it, but it was that or the chair and ottoman lol. The chair combo won. Now if it were 10 years ago...we might be having a different kind of party in there lol.
    Did you steal that toilet from Trump Tower, that thing looks awesome
    lmao Now that was hilarious. That my friend is my handy work. I went out on a limb and took a serious chance at painting the bathroom in a very unconventional way. I've been an artist all my life, so I applied what I thought would work doing this. I painted the tiles, and the porcelain toilet & sink. People don't do this much because painting these things doesn't work for many, but I scratch tested & water tested it, and so far it's held up GREAT!! I was nervous at first, but thought to myself, it's a 10 year old bathroom...it needs to be replaced, so worst case, I'll be buying a new sink and toilet. However, doesn't look like that will be the case.
    Rhamlin said:
    Dang guess I got to step up my game 
    Thank you! I appreciate that
    Albinfk said:
    Outstanding.
    Thank you greatly!
    Wow that will be awesome!
    Thank you. I'm anxious the start putting in the furniture now. It's been a long build for me.