Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Music Soothes The Savage Beast Contest

2»

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You siPatrickbrick said:
    It has been a very busy and long day, sorry for the late reply.  I love being called out, someone needs to keep me in check.  The first time I visited Peter after his surgery we discussed this.  I asked him a question about a strange magnifier thing he had that started this off.  we talked about records and record players of days of old.  Then he did talk about composers and classical stuff.  At this point in time I don't remember what he told me.  So since I failed in my remembering task I too will pay out to the winner.
    You sir, are a true gentleman! 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...that still leaves the question unanswered.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    dirtdude said:
    So...that still leaves the question unanswered.
    Man alive, you can't get anything past ol' DD!

The composer who resonates most w/ me is Brahms.  If I was stranded on a desert island and could only listen to one composer for the rest of my life it would be Beethoven as his repertoire is so broad, but ol' Johannes is still the guy.  Dvorak next because I'm a Slav at heart.  There's a host of Russians that I adore too, and a few French composers too.

Now, if you ask what my favorite symphony is, that would be tough.  Mussorgsky's Pictures At An Exhibition, Saint Saens' No.3, Tchaikovsky's No.4, Holst's The Planets, Dvorak's No.9, and a handful of others... each time I listen to one of them, that one becomes my new favorite.
    Post edited by peter4jc on
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree on Luddie's scope of work.  The Second Movement of his Seventh Symphony is one of the most hauntingly beautiful pieces I've heard.  I prefer recordings done with Toscanini conducting; they just sound "right", for lack of a better term.  Perhaps it's because they were my first exposures.  
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...