Home General Discussion

Made a few things...

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
Wanted to make a few cool things out of the leftover bands I have collected and came up with these three things. Figured y’all may find them interesting and wanted to share. 
"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love that bracelet dude! Excellent work :)
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work Brett
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 84CJ784CJ7 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome work!
  • KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work! Those turned out great.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks gang ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You chucked that as one piece in a lathe??? How?
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks great, Rodger! Watch out for the pets and the rug rats on the ends of those musical notes.

I made my iPhone 5c into a brick this weekend by trying to replace it's bulging battery. It no longer powers up.  Had to order an iPhone 6s as a replacement, again (the first replacement was supposed to work on AT&T but was a Cricket phone and couldn't be unlocked for AT&T.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstonishing, Rodger. Hope you sell it for a crapload of money.

Minds me of a guitar table I made fifty years ago out of maple & walnut, for the wheelhouse of a 65' custom catamaran. It was a Sal Dali inspired thing, in that the body was horizontal while the neck bent abruptly down. Think of an upside down capital L. The sound hole was similarly a snack bowl. But there was only one leg, which was the neck, and was bolted at the tuning pegs to a break in the wheelhouse sole. The hardest thing, oddly enough, was getting the frets right. Course, mine had to have fiddles to keep stuff from sliding off in nautical conditions, which detracted a bit from the guitarness of it.

Wood is so much fun.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You chucked that as one piece in a lathe??? How?
    Edward, I screwed a pice of 2x10 into the burl and then screwed a 10" faceplate to the 2x10". I then cranked up the lathe and used two rests one forward and one back to support the 6 ft long tool I used to turn the table. Turned outboard.   
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just so awesome I had to come back and look at the picture again.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)