Home General Discussion
Options

Whats your cigar budget?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Profits from the kidney sale are gone.... Anyone need a lung? Half a liver?
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got a pancreas that I’m not using if someone wants it...
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To he-double-hockey sticks with the cannibalism, I'm still stuck on Pepperidge Farm paying their part time employees $100/hr. :D
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cannibalism?  I'm not going to eat it, I'm going to have it installed.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BKDog said:
    To he-double-hockey sticks with the cannibalism, I'm still stuck on Pepperidge Farm paying their part time employees $100/hr. :D

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Profits from the kidney sale are gone.... Anyone need a lung? Half a liver?
    Quit taking your work home with ya😁
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buy what I can afford when I can afford it, Usually I pan handle and beg outside the local curmudgeons B&M.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ what you need is a freedom dividend.  #Yang2020
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever money the wife does know about!
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Budget?  Don't really have one. I only smoke 3-5 cigars a month, so when I pick some up they last.  Being lucky as the wife will stop and pick me up a box just because now and then stretches any budget last.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Bat-mastersonBat-masterson Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    BKDog said:
    Sure their employees don't  come close to 20 bucks a hour.
    Since I own this route I paid $275,000 for it years back, I'm not a employee.
    I average between 10k to 11k a week.
    20% commission nets me close to 2k a week. Before expenses, which are. Fuel for my 3/4 ton pulling 20 foot trailer, storage unit where peperidge drops off the cookies, insurance what runs 3k a year. By the way with hurricane scare last week in florida and pepperidge getting me extra cookies I ran close to 17k. Florida these routes sell for 40 to 1. What means 40 times weekly average that puts value of my route at around 400k. I've had it for 7 years. And 25 years before that had a bread route.

All of the bread, some of the chips and cookies found in grocery stores are independent owned.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All that is gibberish... what's your net?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    All that is gibberish... what's your net?
    Average around 1750, after expenses.

• Options
    Finding out that their products are stored in a storage locker insured I will not buy their products.  Also I'm not buying what you're trying to sell us.  You are saying that a 20 foot wells cargo is carting this **** around and they are paying you basically what the product is worth to do it?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what I like about you @Patrickbrick - you call BS faster than anyone I know.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Finding out that their products are stored in a storage locker insured I will not buy their products.  Also I'm not buying what you're trying to sell us.  You are saying that a 20 foot wells cargo is carting this **** around and they are paying you basically what the product is worth to 
    Have no ideal what you mean what's its worth. If peperidge bill's in a package of goldfish to a store at $2  I get 40 cents.

By the way pepperidge has close to 4k independent distributors. When we sell we put them on pepperidge farm website 
    https://www.pfroutes.com/

They have two different routes, snack which is cookie, and bakery which is bread and stuffing. Bakery routes sell for less early hours and have to deliver weekends.
    Post edited by Bat-masterson on
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Easy to find out if its bull, fly down to florida spend a week with me. Or just drive the mile to the grocery store by your home at 6 am and go around back and talk to the independents.  Most will be in pickups and trailers,  few in box trucks.

Post edited by Bat-masterson on
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Ok, so according to pepperidge farms own independent salary information, the extreme high side is 115k.  This is for five days a week and many accounts.  The national average is 70k.  So your take home of 91 seems reasonable, however not necessarily for three days.  Good for you if true though.  Yea had some free time.  A rout now costs 343,200.00, in case anyone is interested.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy to find out if its bull, fly down to florida spend a week with me. Or just drive the mile to the grocery store by your home at 6 am and go around back and talk to the independents.  Most will be in pickups and trailers,  few in box trucks.

Where in Florida do you deliver?
    If anywhere near me, I will meet you.
    We can have a cigar and beverage and post pics here
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, you net 1750 per week for what seems like an awful lot of work, paperwork and dealing with customers? AND you had to pay $275K for the route??

Glad I don't work for them. I'd have to take a pay cut and pay out more than I paid for my house. Ouch!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Ok, so according to pepperidge farms own independent salary information, the extreme high side is 115k.  This is for five days a week and many accounts.  The national average is 70k.  So your take home of 91 seems reasonable, however not necessarily for three days.  Good for you if true though.  Yea had some free time.  A rout now costs 343,200.00, in case anyone is interested.
    All depends where route is. Florida cookie routes are, 40 to 1, bread 25 to 1.
    But now if you want to live in a different state you can buy a cookie route some states for 25 to 1 and bread for 15 to 1.