Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Love or hate spouse or significate other

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
My wife is part of a forum for women over the age of 50. There was a post yesterday of how this lady has been married for 25 years and hates her husband but still married. 95% of the comments were the same. 
 Now it’s your turn. Love or hate? If hate, why are you still with him/her.
I love my wife more today than I ever have. She is my best friend. We do just about everything together. We have been married for 30 this summer and have been together for 34 years. Couldn’t imagine life without her. 

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't always like my wife, but I will always love her. I think love is more of the conscience decision that I am going to stand with and support this person no matter what. At some point in time (often multiple points in time) the emotional feeling of love wax and wan, doesn't mean I love her any less.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    love.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF Larry? It's eight months til Valentines Day!
  • Options
    84CJ784CJ7 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    Disliked my ex the last 4 years.  Took 5 years after that before I was ready to try again.  Been with my current wife for 8 years and she makes me laugh every day even if I'm mad at her.

I love that woman.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Yep.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She is my boss lady. 
    After over 30 years of marriage, I have to believe it is love.
    As was stated, it takes work and you both have to be willing to work at it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love and respect. 
  • Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent choice of words @First_Warrior !!!

Respect is very important!  We've been married over 30 years and it definitely takes effort but the love and respect are always there!
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This forum is putting Gena's over 50 forum to shame. 
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Sober Donna, love her.

Drunk Donna, hate that woman.

About 30 to 1 DD lately, may be time for a change.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike immensely all my former wives.
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very curious how the husbands of the wives who said hate would answer. I'd imagine it's usually mutual hate or love. 
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very curious how the husbands of the wives who said hate would answer. I'd imagine it's usually mutual hate or love. 
    It sounds like the woman stays with the man because he is her sugar daddy. Always knew this forum was filled with the best people.
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like the woman stays with the man because he is her sugar daddy. Always knew this forum was filled with the best people.
    I wonder if the men know how the women feel. 
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This makes me kind of sad
  • Options
    TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the men know how the women feel. 
    Hahaha man or woman calvin you know when you're not liked. 

Now for the subject at hand, there's loving someone and begin IN love with someone two totally different things.
    I'm curious what category do those members of the man hater club fall into. 😜
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said this before, but cops are serial marriers.  I like my third and we are very happy together, in fact she is my best friend.

However, with my second, I tried to figure out a way to convince a Grand Jury that it was an accidental shooting, when I reloaded to make sure!