Home General Discussion

Ccom promotions?

2»

Comments

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davidoff level?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin
    @peter4jc Totally...

My thoughts about who wants to be entered is I would post a photo and/or graphic of the prize in the thread per month. In order to be considered, any Forum member would simply have to comment by typing "ENTER" (or something to that effect), that way only legitimately interested folks are being considered. 

I will preface by saying there probably will be times we will do a "Brand Takeover" for the contest, and so most brands generally want to see enthusiasm, so people who want to be considered for the giveaway will have to participate in that month's thread by posting a photo of themselves smoking a cigar from said brand. 
    ShawnOL said:
    Davidoff level?
    I'll be with Klaas Kelner most of next Thursday morning, so I'll see what I might be able to conjure up. Worst case scenario I put Klaas on blast when we do our on-camera interview and see if he buckles under pressure?  LOL  >:)
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klaas is a nice guy, he might do it.
    @Eulogy I've not met him before, at least not that I can recall. I've met his Dad a million times.
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He had a great story about taking a photo of the travler. Great picture and an overblown reaction. Everyone I met at Davidoff was fantastic though. 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Like the idea of having to post to enter.

As for brands, 
    AJ Fernandez!
    Davidoff and really any other ones... EXCEPT Patel.  :D

“Ty Cobb wanted to play, but none of us could stand the SOB when we were alive, so we told him to stick it
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Dunbarton. Dunbarton. Dunbarton. Did I mention Dunbarton. Tats, Crowned heads, Espinosa, Matilde, Southern Draw, Romacraft, Caldwell, Protocol, Viaje. Just some ideas. I know you guys like to push Patel and Ghurka but they aren't well received here and stuff like that would probably lead to a dull month. Also, start to carry Black Label Trading and Blk Wks Studio. 

This is certainly a good start. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would smoke a roll of human hair if it was free ...
    Don't look ↑
    But seriously, LFD, MF, EPC, AJF, ROOM101!!!!
    Don't look ↑
    Fuente, padron, diamond crown.

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Okay, guys... Just got out of my meeting with Legal and we're good to go for a monthly Forum-only contest!  :) In a nutshell, these will be separate giveaways from what you see on CCOM's Social Media, and you're not going to have to repost anything, tag people, etc., which I know can get annoying. I will start a topic within "Discussions" here which I'll keep pinned to the top that will swap out for each month; although I can't promise the giveaways will always be huge, I do plan on making sure once per quarter to give away a big prize pack so things don't go stale.

Question: How would everyone feel if once in awhile I get a manufacturer to provide a Forum-only bulk 5-pack, where (for example), you guys can get it for only $5 when it would normally retail for $50+?  I would make a private page on CIGAR.com and provide a link to everyone here, that way non-Forum members can't piggyback off the promo.
    Let me also suggest the entrants be on the good Traders list and a post minimum such as 50 or 100, in order to prevent 1 post entries just for contest with fake accounts.
    @Yakster may have a list for good traders that could be updated every month.  
    Love the promo idea for the bulk 5 pack, that is awesome.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, guys... Just got out of my meeting with Legal and we're good to go for a monthly Forum-only contest!  :) In a nutshell, these will be separate giveaways from what you see on CCOM's Social Media, and you're not going to have to repost anything, tag people, etc., which I know can get annoying. I will start a topic within "Discussions" here which I'll keep pinned to the top that will swap out for each month; although I can't promise the giveaways will always be huge, I do plan on making sure once per quarter to give away a big prize pack so things don't go stale.

Question: How would everyone feel if once in awhile I get a manufacturer to provide a Forum-only bulk 5-pack, where (for example), you guys can get it for only $5 when it would normally retail for $50+?  I would make a private page on CIGAR.com and provide a link to everyone here, that way non-Forum members can't piggyback off the promo.
    Let me also suggest the entrants be on the good Traders list and a post minimum such as 50 or 100, in order to prevent 1 post entries just for contest with fake accounts.
    @Yakster may have a list for good traders that could be updated every month.  
    Love the promo idea for the bulk 5 pack, that is awesome.
    I didn't do my first trade here for a few years. I used to joke that I wasn't on the good trader list.
    So that might need to be considered.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    I didn't do my first trade here for a few years. I used to joke that I wasn't on the good trader list.
    So that might need to be considered.
    I  was 3 months doing my first trade, but we have a lot of profiles that are only active the day they are activated.  Just a thought, but most likely I am over thinking it.  
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
    edited September 2019
    Maybe then just a 50 post minimum or something?
    Don't look ↑
    Or, an 1100 post minimum and a 1300 post maximum....this month  >:)
    Don't look ↑
  • Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love everything about it. +1 on the adding Black Label TC and BL Works. AND none of this "continental U.S. only" BS😆
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

One
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

Hundred

Mini

mum!

• firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viaje 
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foundation sampler would be great. Thanks for doing this for us!
    Swag?

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shwag.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis