I was born a fool, and just got bigger!

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Knew for 60 years and said nothing. WTF
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny how and why we agree with what suits our own philosophy/agenda and disagree with what doesn't.  Somebody told us that climate change is being driven by those that want to control things and as conservatives, we bought into that so we like articles like the above one (even though it's full of holes).  Basically, we believe what we want and call it true, even though none of us has the wherewithal to accept or deny it.  We do this with all sorts of stuff.  We don't have any way of knowing the details on most things outside our little worlds so we look for experts; but the funny part is how we look for experts who will confirm what we want to believe.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nature, page 74 November 26, 1885: :"A well-known lawyer, now a judge, once grouped witnesses into three classes: simple liars, damned liars, and experts. He did not mean that the expert uttered things which he knew to be untrue, but that by the emphasis which he laid on certain statements, and by what has been defined as a highly cultivated faculty of evasion, the effect was actually worse than if he had."
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    https://climate.nasa.gov/blog/2910/what-is-the-suns-role-in-climate-change/

Try that on for size. 

The way I read the two together is that there's not 100% consensus.  Go figure.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some X-spurts say that we caused it, some say it is natural and some say it is a perception of certain people.
    Who do you believe?
    Flip a coin.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All BS from the science community to make money.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel said:
    https://climate.nasa.gov/blog/2910/what-is-the-suns-role-in-climate-change/

Try that on for size. 

The way I read the two together is that there's not 100% consensus.  Go figure.
    This one is hosted by Nasa. So I think we know what their official stance is.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...