Home General Discussion

Am I the only one....?

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Am I the only one who’s had something get screwed up with this forum?  Some recent change or re-do that causes me to have to sign in each and every time I visit?  

The look of the page has changed, the background is now black....  what the hell is going on???

Comments

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all's fine here.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
     Is this the only page that has a dark background? I set my browser to dark mode. Welcome to the dark side. 
    My Software never has bugs Its really old cant remember where I got it from I just like Computer humor like this Post if you have any My Software n
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
     Is this the only page that has a dark background? I set my browser to dark mode. Welcome to the dark side. 
    I switched back to light mode - still this is the only page with the dark background and - worse - I still have to sign in every time I visit. Something’s fishy in Denmark......
    Your computer has tobacco beetles....
    Ya know, you could be right...... 🤐
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is OK.
    Everytime my PC changes it is usually do to the every other day windows update.
    Which is usually corrected by the every other day update.
  • KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything works fine for me. 
    Restart your phone. This helps with a few bugs I have on occasion.
    Restart your phone. This helps with a few bugs I have on occasion.
    Okay. I’ll give it a try. Thanks  👍
    Nope. That didn’t change anything. 

@TheCigarChick, are you the current forum page fixer-upper? Or can you point me toward someone who can straighten this mess out for me, please?  It’s very annoying. 

Thanks...... 😃
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to sign in this morning Marty, but everything worked fine after that.
    Hi, Charlie. Hope all is well with you. 

Mine is still forcing me to sign in each time I visit - which is numerous times per day. What a pain in the butt. Oh, well, I guess it’ll all get worked out eventually. 👍
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, in dark mode it makes sense that it's happening.  Dark mode doesn't keep cookies, so how is it supposed to keep you signed in?  Maybe you have cookies turned off in all modes?
    Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
    Try a different browser that will save your cookies or play around with your settings
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marty, you have much more patients than I do.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
    Naw, but I do rely on my ‘Oracle’ a lot....  

Google and I learn a lot together.....  👍
  • Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you found the cause otherwise you might have had to re-season your phone and start over.
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 320 admin
    jlmarta said:
    Nope. That didn’t change anything. 

@TheCigarChick, are you the current forum page fixer-upper? Or can you point me toward someone who can straighten this mess out for me, please?  It’s very annoying. 

Thanks...... 😃
    My ability to fix is dependent on how simple the task is, as technology and I have a dicey relationship. LOL

I'll put in a service ticket with our IT Dept since I don't believe the one person who tends to assist here I do not believe has a profile on the Forum.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the real solution is to place your iPhone on your workbench, smash it with a hammer, and go buy an Android.
    Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
    I agree with the hammer part but just skip buying a replacement Android.
    edited September 2019
    Thanks to everyone but I’ve already figured out what was wrong and fixed it. 

@TheCigarChick
    I hope it won’t be a problem to cancel the request to IT.  I should have tried harder to solve it before asking you for help. My bad.... 😏

• TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 320 admin
    @jlmarta Very easy to cancel the ticket, and thank you for being the tech knight in shining armour. My Dad always would say I have "negative electronics karma," because as a teen I would touch things and they would inexplicably break. LOL
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whew... Glad that's resolved. I was about to send help

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jlmarta Very easy to cancel the ticket, and thank you for being the tech knight in shining armour. My Dad always would say I have "negative electronics karma," because as a teen I would touch things and they would inexplicably break. LOL

We have a corner of the living room like that, stereos and TVs would work intermittently there and then break. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Whew... Glad that's resolved. I was about to send help

Oh, that’s okay, @miller65rod, go ahead and send her. I think I feel a relapse coming on.....  😎