Home General Discussion
Options

Good Quality Soft Flame Lighters

MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,

Been a while - took on a new job recently so I haven't had time for much besides work, sleep, and repeat. My mom's birthday is coming up and she's asking for a soft flamed butane gas lighter...Something slender and reliable. Anybody got a few suggestions? There's a lot out there but I want something quality-made. 

Hope everyone's doing well. Welcome to the new guys! Hope to be around more soon. 

Mark
“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns

Comments

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xikar EX
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xikar Forte
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Xikar Forte
    The Forte is a soft flame lighter?  Mine’s a torch. Is there some adjustment I’m not aware of?
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They come in both torch and soft flame and it's one or the other.  I don't own one; almost bought one several times, but the dozen BICs I discovered in the back of my junk drawer tipped the scales in favor of my German frugality.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, so. I was afraid I was missing out on something. But I do prefer my torch version.... 🤓
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing beats a bic!  It's a lighter and a bottle opener in one and they are rugged, and simply work without fail (until out of fuel).
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    JGruveyJGruvey Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve had the la Gloria soft flame for 8 years now with never any problems.
  • Options
    SlurrySlurry Posts: 13 ✭✭
    If you are ok with vintage, I'm a huge fan of the Ronson Varaflame line.  I have a couple of the Adonis butane lighters and I absolutely love them.

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=ronson+varaflame&ship_to=US
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarome and Kiribi are really cool
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love all the suggestions. Gotta sit down tomorrow and do dome lookin'. Will have to do express shipping at this point  :*
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns