Home General Discussion
Options

God of Fire?

Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am curious about these as I've seen them show up a couple times in the What are you smoking threads. A forum search yeilded mostly 10 year old posts. 
So are they still all that and a bag of potato chips? Are they still a tough to get annual release? Now that I have some low to mid-level cigars I want to get a few great sticks for ageing. Are God of Fire worth getting in terms of quality/taste for saving for special occasion like an acquittal? 
Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Are they worth getting?
    Only you can answer that.
    Are they good?
    I think they are excellent.
    You have to ask yourself if a $20 cigar is worth it. 
    There are times to me, that a God of Fire, Padron Family Reserve or quite a few other premi prems are worth it to me.
    But then again, some folks think I'm nuts because I've bought Partagas 150 or Swarovski cigars.
    So my opinion may be a bit lopsided.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    I tried to keep it about quality and not price. Are they high enough quality to save? Like I said I've only seen old posts about them and wondered if they have the same reputation now as  the reviews from back then. I trust you guys more than online reviews from folks who may or may not be getting money for the reviews. 
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only had one, but it was excellent. One of my favorites

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely worth having a couple laying around
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Double post
    Please delete

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    ^^^^please delete

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow cool. Thanks whatever your name is!
    Who, him?  That’s my buddy, Peter. The coffee bully and master of the CAS..... 👴🏻