Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Would youtube exist.....

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
....if there were not so many really stupid people....
....if there were not so many really stupid people recording themselves...

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be smaller.  Much smaller.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree. I think YouTube is way smarter than TV. I regularly look up how-tos... everything from murdersickle wrenching vids to fixing the ice maker. I went on a jag last week watching bagpipes. I love flash mobs. I have seen everything from Jimmy Carr and Nina Conti and Penn & Teller. I adore The History Guy. I've even contributed myself. My best received vid is "How to Roll Your First Cigar." Get a lotta good reviews on that, all the time. I wish to hell Tulsi Gabbard had a snowflake's chance in hell of the Dimocrat ticket... all on the basis of mutual respect between her and Tucker in his YouTube interviews of her. Watched a fascinating vid yesterday explaining the Golden Ratio. Have been catching up on MMA ever since we switched to ComCast, where it's so much rarer than FIOS. There for a while, I was deep into Mongolian throat singing.

Jeez, there's no end to it. You can dial up more smart stuff on YouTube than anywhere else.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use yuktube to look up products I am thinking about buying. 
    There are usually tons of reviews and how to use videos on most products.
    Then I can see it, see it used and get a better idea.

No question that there is a ton of stupidity on yuktube, but there is also a lot of good content.

Some good cigar reviews too.
    Except for that tiki torch dude, Cigar Obnoxious?, who is just light running your fingernails down a chalkboard.

For you young guys, a chalkboard used to be used in schools in ancient times.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chalk boards, the original dry erase board.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    just light running your fingernails down a chalkboard.

Now-a-days kids run 39mm down the whiteboard. It's not quite the same sound, but it will still put a chill in your cockles. 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    0patience said:

Now-a-days kids run 39mm down the whiteboard. It's not quite the same sound, but it will still put a chill in your cockles. 
    HEY, you nevermind my cockles.....  😤
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Wylaff said:
    0patience said:

HEY, you nevermind my cockles.....  😤
    They're not gonna mind themselves.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Wylaff said:
    0patience said:

Now-a-days kids run 39mm down the whiteboard.  

star captain GIF

I googled it. The internet does not know what "running a 39mm down the whiteboard" is, and neither do I. 

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YouTube was destined to be gigantic the first time some cat lady took her camcorder out to record her cat doing something cat like
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YouTube was destined to be gigantic the first time some cat lady took her camcorder out to record her cat doing something cat like
    By catlike you mean being an **** 
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShawnOL said:
    It would be smaller.  Much smaller.
    I absolutely agree. I watch a lot of animal rescue videos, there are a bunch. Wish there were more.
    Watched some product rating/comparison vids, about half of them are legit. A lot are just trying for freebees, they eventually stop posting
    geoffers47, EPIC Compilation, Donut Operator, Stolen Valour are some favorites. But only one of those is not about really stupid people.
    YouTube would be so small it probably would have been bought out by some other social media.