Home General Discussion
Options

Ventura going out of business

VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
...a buddy told me today.  Get your psykos and archetype smokes while you can.. 
Don't look ↑

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, that really stinks. I love their Psycho line
  • Options
    Maybe @timb Will put them back on the daily deal 20 for $70 again like a few months ago... #justsayin
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I just bought a box of Archetypes. 

Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going out or just downsizing/restructuring? They don’t need salesman as much as Indiana Ortez promotes them. 
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Maduro is tasty hope they are just downsizing 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Looks like from the Halfwheel article that they're restructuring.

Halfwheel said:

Kretek International, the parent company of Phillips & King International, Tobacco Media Group and Ventura Cigar Co. is undergoing a major restructuring that will include layoffs throughout the company.

For Ventura Cigar Co., which is Kretek’s premium cigar outfit, the company’s staff has been reduced from nine to three. The total number of layoffs at Kretek is unknown.

“There’s a lot of things that the organization is restructuring and unfortunately some of my sales guys are no longer with us,” said Michael Giannini, general manager of Ventura Cigar Co., in a statement to halfwheel.

Giannini said the company is undergoing an overall restructuring due to the costs associated with regulation by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA). Phillips & King, which claims to be the largest tobacco distributor in the U.S. has a portfolio that includes a variety of tobacco products, including e-cigarettes and flavored tobacco products.

Ventura’s cigars brands include Archetype, PSyKo SEVEN and others.

Erik Stokkebye, of the famous pipe family, was also part of the cuts, though the company will continue selling pipes and pipe tobacco.

Update (Nov. 3, 2019) — Added additional info.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Hope so ^.  The link that I posted said something like they fired everybody except for 3 employees.
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Yeah, both articles say that, but Halfwheel goes into a bit more detail. I think using the word "dissolves" in the first link was misleading since they're restructuring not folding. (at least for now)
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Fingers crossed!  They make great cigars
    Don't look ↑