Home General Discussion

Upcoming cigar release

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this was posted

United Cigar & JRE Create Aladino Limited Cigar Bar

United Cigar’s Cigar Bar, cigars packaged designed to look like classic chocolate bars, is back. This time, it’s being made by JRE Tobacco Co.

The last time there was a “Cigar Bar” sold like this it was through Two Guys Smoke Shop, the New Hampshire-based retailer that is owned by Dave Garafalo, who also owns United Cigar. According to a press release, while the cigar was released in 2012, it was only sold for a short period of time because the Hershey Corp. sent a cease and desist, presumably arguing that the packaging of the cigar infringed on the company’s rights for its iconic chocolate, so the company stopped selling the cigars. Now it’s back, this time with a new blend and a non-Hershey-themed packaging.

As for the cigar, it’s the same blend as the Aladino Corojo line, just in a box-pressed 6 x 50 shape. The line is made entirely of Honduran corojo grown by the Eiroa family.

The MSRP is set at $29.99 per pack of three, essentially $10 per cigar, and the packs are sold in sleeves of six bars, which equates to 18 cigars. This release is limited to 10,000 cigars.

“Aladino was an obvious first choice for us,” said Oliver Nivaud, director of operations for United Cigar, in a press release. “JRE makes some amazing cigars and we wanted to see what the Aladino would be like as a box-press.”

United Cigar says that this will be an annual limited release, hitting stores each fall to coincide with the Halloween holiday.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silly packaging, but putting that aside, I'm surprised they didn't go with a Mexican San Andrés maduro wrapper like the Aladino maduro for a chocolate bar offering.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

So it’s a current production cigar with just a different name and package?

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    So it’s a current production cigar with just a different name and package?

That's what I thought... If I want to smoke an Aladino, I know a much easier and cheaper way to get them.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m thinking the only difference is the box press. I know they make a maduro but I think it is the “new” with this one

• Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cam_91 said:
    Joya De Nicaragua Dos Cientos Confirmed as Part of #DEBonanzaTakeover

On day eight of Drew Estate’s #DEBonanzaTakeover for 2021, the company announced that Joya de Nicaragua’s Dos Cientos release, a cigar paying homage to the bicentennial of Central America will make its debut on the company’s Freestyle Live broadcast on May 6. The broadcast will highlight the product announcements made as a part of the Drew Estate #DEBonanzaTakeOver.

The cigar has an undisclosed blend is will be made in one size – a 6 x 54 Gran Toro. It will be available in 21-count boxes, with one cigar that’s individually wrapped in special paper that is intended to be enjoyed during a virtual celebration of Central American Independence on Sept. 15.

Dr. Martinez-Cuenca added, “We will invite people to smoke it together with us and talk about our history, the value of that history and the significance of who we are, not only for ourselves but for the rest of the world.”

PRIOR ARTICLE:

The year 2021 will mark the 200th anniversary of Central American independence from the Spanish Empire. This set the stage for the creation of Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua. To commemorate the occasion, Joya de Nicaragua has announced plans to release a one-time limited edition cigars known as Dos Cientos. The name Dos Cientos means “200 years” and it will be a super premium cigar under Joya de Nicaragua’s Obras Maestras family. Dos Cientos is slated to arrive at retailers in August.

“For us there is always a link between the past and the present,” says Juan Ignacio Martinez, president of Joya de Nicaragua, in a press release. “We are who we are today because of the decisions that were made hundreds of years ago. Dos Cientos pays tribute to those 200 years and who we are today as the leading cigar producing country and region in the world.”

“The leaf’s role in the development of our culture and our society has been fundamental,” added Joya de Nicaragua’s owner, Dr. Alejandro Martinez-Cuenca. “Tobacco was ever present as we created our own economic, political and cultural identities. That was the moment in which we became what we are today as a region. We want to celebrate that achievement of our own birth as a country and as a region, so we’re showcasing tobaccos from different American countries—Nicaragua, Honduras, Mexico, Ecuador and the Dominican Republic. We are paying tribute to the Latin Americans and the Americans who achieved independence to craft their own destiny.”

Looking forward to trying these

JOYA DE NICARAGUA NOW SHIPPING DOS CIENTOS
    via Dojo

After a couple of months of delay due to materials and logistics problems, cigar enthusiasts around the United States will finally have access to this ultra-limited and special cigar beginning on Oct. 18. “This year we have faced enormous challenges … from longer lead times in transportation, to limited capacities from our vendors … to cope with the surge of demand we are seeing,” says Daniel Barrios, Joya de Nicaragua’s Global Commercial Manager. “The launch of Dos Cientos wasn’t an exception.”

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,814 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    400. Box for 10. They are proud of those .

As long as people keep paying it, they'll keep charging it.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

Smallbatch has them also. Higher priced but with a discount code and free shipping its a bit cheaper.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    @Patrickbrick

Preorders now open

I sent my text as soon as I saw them. Finally a vitola I will smoke.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,234 ✭✭✭✭✭

The stripes are cool

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

👎

@Yakster said:
    👎

I’m curious what the price point will be with the relaunch. Used to by these on clearance all the time..

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalR1 said:

@Yakster said:
    👎

I’m curious what the price point will be with the relaunch. Used to by these on clearance all the time..

Im guessing 13.50 a stick

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOO MMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH.
    Translation, way too **** much.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I agree, but still....

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

@Yakster said:
    👎

I made a mistake, I thought it was a different cigar. I rescind my thumbs down.

edited October 2021

@Yakster said:

@Yakster said:
    👎

I made a mistake, I thought it was a different cigar. I rescind my thumbs down.

My comment still stands.. 😂
    Edit:
    We’re they lost then found??

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody wanted 'em. They ended up in the last and found bin.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.