Home Cigar 101
Options

Favorite Cut

2»

Comments

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it’s good enough for LFD, it’s good enough for me. Also... it’s good enough for me anyway ...
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

On this subject, I've had interesting experiences with the Undercrown Shade Grown cigars recently. After lot's of trouble with straight cuts cracking the wrappers and causing unraveling, I pulled out the Colibri V-cutter that Bob Luken sent me and found that it worked a lot better. I have really liked the Colibri for cigars >50 rg. Not as much on 50 or less.

Then, last night I pulled out another USG and thought I'd punch it instead, since there'd been some cracking even with the V-cutter. It was great! No cracking, and the cigar just generally smoked better than the others had. It may have just been this one cigar was put together a little better than the others, but I'll be trying that again.

So, which is my favorite? I guess the one that works best for the particular cigar I'm smoking. OK, I'm lying, my favorite is probably the straight cut, but I'm amenable to change if it works better under the circumstances.

I find it easier to change my view to fit the reality, rather than insisting that reality change to fit my view.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

For smaller ring size I use a punch, anything above a 46 it's a V-cut.
    Very rarely use a cutter anymore.....Can't see **** without my glasses on I'm afraid I'll take the tip of a finger off with it.

• Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yo Einstein...think ya got twisted.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Straight cut

I've become a fan of the "V"

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?