Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

I'm gonna need a bigger Derpador!

BadSneakersBadSneakers Posts: 156 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in Trades, Passes and Bombs
@cbuck dive bombed me with this generous cluster bomb of tobacco-y goodness! Thanks Charlie! Some sticks I've been eager to try, a recently discovered new fave (Fernandez New World), and some that I don't know much about and am curious to check out! I appreciate each and every one of them. Thanks again. BOTLs are stand up folks. 
It's funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating. - Jack Handey 

Comments

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy! @BadSneakers
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice hit. 

No one told me we was beatin up the new kid
    Don’t we always? @deadman
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    here you go but I don't understand what it has to do with cigars:
    Image result for derpador
    Ah, yes. It’s clear as mud. 

Thanks, Edward.....  👍
    Hello Marty! Hope all is well! I was told by Liz @BadSneakers that  "derp" is just slang for something foolish or badly thrown together - so my derpador is what I call my variation on a homemade tupperware type humidor”. I never heard of it either! Figured it’s either a local slang, or generational! 
    Hi, Charlie. Good to hear from you. All is pretty much status quo at this end. 

Thanks for the input. The term is something totally new to this Oldfart. But then, lotsa things are nowadays.... 

Have a blessed day....  👴🏻
    I thought old fart was 2 words?!! Maybe I have it backwards! 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard my kids around the house saying "derp, derp, derp" and I'm sure I've used it wrong in response.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbuck said:
    Hello Marty! Hope all is well! I was told by Liz @BadSneakers that  "derp" is just slang for something foolish or badly thrown together - so my derpador is what I call my variation on a homemade tupperware type humidor”. I never heard of it either! Figured it’s either a local slang, or generational! 
    My son used that term for everything for 2 years. Finally got him to stop 😂

his best one was calling Mountain Dew mountain derp 
    Does anyone remember when the word was "random"?

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always hated hearing "tubular, dude"
    cbuck said:
    I thought old fart was 2 words?!! Maybe I have it backwards! 
    I blended the two words into one quite a while back. Decided Oldfart (all one word) would personalize it to me rather than two words being more impersonal. Mighta been before your time, Charlie. 

Now, when ya see ‘Oldfart’ you’ll know they’re talking about me - the resident Oldfart......  👴🏻
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was lovable Oldfart

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• BadSneakersBadSneakers Posts: 156 ✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Does anyone remember when the word was "random"?
    I don't usually get annoyed with the kids and their slang, but for some reason that one always grinded my gears. lol 

Derp - meaning something kind of foolish, corny, silly, idiotic depending on the context. It can also be an exclamation one makes when making a mistake, "I should have know that, derp!" I believe the term is less generational and more internet forum slang. I'm 45 and I know people quite a bit older/younger who use it. It might be from online gaming, as well. You'll find some stuff out there suggesting it has a more unpleasant meaning/background, but that's absolute nonsense.

My humidor is a McGuyverish thing made with stuff from around the house and some reputable humidity products. Going by my hygrometer it's doing a perfect job, which is all that matters to me. But it's never going to win any beauty contests, my poor Derpador. 
    It's funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating. - Jack Handey 
    I got a Bluetooth beanie which I've been wearing on the vHerf or streaming outside on the patio when it goes down to the low 40s. A blanket wrapped lap dog helps too. I have a patio heater, but have been waiting for it to get really cold to fire it up.

I try to bundle myself up like the Michelin woman but the last week or so it's started to get so cold I can't even do that and enjoy it. Also we've had some days of very serious wind recently. Just doesn't make for a relaxing experience for me. I'd rather wait till it gets a bit warmer so I can truly relax and enjoy. 
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invest in good bibs and jacket, changed my life, can change yours too.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree....wind sucks to smoke in
    Don't look ↑
    Heated ( by 50 hp compressors) garage at the ice cream factory has saved my winter smoking! 
    The wind is the biggest issue. We have very heavy winds during the winter and spring. I live on the side of a steep hill beside a lake and I swear that makes things worse. I can bundle myself up till I'm reasonably warm but that wind... 
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, we is.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love my little lounge because lighters don't work at -40!
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I try to bundle myself up like the Michelin woman but the last week or so it's started to get so cold I can't even do that and enjoy it. Also we've had some days of very serious wind recently. Just doesn't make for a relaxing experience for me. I'd rather wait till it gets a bit warmer so I can truly relax and enjoy. 
    I used a hunting blind on a covered porch one winter with good results. A space heater kept it warm and plenty of zippered windows to adjust the ventilation. I think a pop-up ice fishing tent would be good as well, or some styles of camping tent might be an option for consideration.