Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Clive Cussler RIP

WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
Somehow it’s harder to imagine authors dying off than actors or rock stars. Every 4th or 5th book I read is one of Clive’s. If you’ve never had the pleasure I would highly recommend any of the Dirk Pit novels. Guy is like James Bond combined With McGuyver but more relatable/accessible/believable than either.
"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

Comments

• Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like a few of my fav authors have died recently. RIP Clive....

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭

I read every of Clive's books I can get my hands on. I especially like his early work. Man, that guy lived a life of ocean exploration and he had a astounding collection of autos.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, RIP Clive. My wife actually introduced me to his writing. Bet there’s at least 5-8 of his books on the shelf right now.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually have 12 (yes, 12) copies of Sahara. Every time I see a copy at the used bookstore I forget that I currently own it and grab another. My wife says I'm an idiot.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP Clive. I've read everything he's written and I have two books of his right now from the library. I wonder i f his son Dirk will get the car collection.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's been on my list of "need to read" for a while now. I've only heard great things.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just noticed he was born in Aurora IL. About 20 miles from me. less than 10 miles from @skydiverD

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.