Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what tobacco you use other than cigars?

Trx680Trx680 Posts: 40 ✭✭✭

Just cigars for me.
What about you guys...pipe? cigarettes? dip?

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had half a cigarette in college after a rousing game of toppers one Wednesday afternoon while walking down to Taco Bell to get some grub.

I never dipped, even though many did at my college and never vaped.

I smoke mostly cigars with the occasional pipe.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

cigars mostly, occasional pinch of nasal snuff, a puff or two of Persian dokha before and after sleep, an occasional pipe (mostly va/per).

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cigarettes mostly. Cigar every other day, approximately.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll use chew & plug when working outside when I need two hands. Dip alone very very rarely but like to mix a little Copenhagen long cut straight or original with my chew, gives it some extra kick haha. Favorite loose leaf is Redman Golden Blend. Plug is Cannonball and Days O Work, Levi ain't bad either.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't tell you!!!!!! LOL Lets just say it's the really good stuff. Oh yeah, cigars too.

You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sled-dilly-Dog get'N his janK oN ....GiDDy uP.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sleddog46 said:
    I can't tell you!!!!!! LOL Lets just say it's the really good stuff. Oh yeah, cigars too.

Got that script from Dr Sketch

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Skoal pouches while fishing
    Pipe tobacco
    Cigars

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Copenhagen.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cigs back in the early 80s (Quit when they went over a dollar a pack)
    Chewed Redman long leaf in the Army, sometimes Canon plug.
    Now, cigars and pipe
    Got a CDL and get tested....So no go on the "other" leaf.

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only cigars.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chewed Skoal Wintergreen Fine Cut for about 30 years, quit for good when I started smoking cigars about 4 years ago.
    Smoked Cigarettes for a couple years in the mid 80s
    Like to smoke a pipe on occasion.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gave up cigarettes when they went over 35 cents a pack when I was in high school. Dabbled with cigars & pipes in the 80's for a few years. Picked cigars back up about a year ago and a pipe last month. The Friends Against Aviation (FAA) mandate testing so I'm not a Dr Sketch patient.....yet.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Skoal Fine Cut until 3 years ago...Cigars occasionally before that, now better cigars and more frequent...still miss dipping some times but glad I quit...

• Options

@TBonz said:
    Skoal Fine Cut until 3 years ago...Cigars occasionally before that, now better cigars and more frequent...still miss dipping some times but glad I quit...

Dips really really bad, I'll use a whole can or less for an entire year so not to end up like my friend who dips 2 cans of Grizzly Wintergreen a day...he regrets ever starting and spent over 40K on the stuff since he started, he's not even 30 yet.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! I probably spent that much too, but I dipped at varying rates for longer than he's been alive...While I may miss it occasionally, I have no intention of starting again...When I do miss it, I'll usually pick up a bag of beef jerky and chew on a few pieces of beef...

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

I guess I've tried everything. Never understood snuff, bleah. I chewed for a couple years, mostly Levi Garrett and Red Man. Started when I was a welder, and some when I was a Tank Crew Member. Got hooked on cigarettes when they made me be an Army Recruiter and finally quit those for good about 10 years ago. Love to smoke a pipe, especially in cold weather, but may go months without. And average 2 cigars a day.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mint Grizzly at about a can a week. Use to be a can a day. Sometimes I change it up with copenhagen long cut. I only do it at work though. I dont really have the urge at home.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cigars, whenever the weather isn't frigid. Usually one because just sitting around smoking outside isn't very productive. I smoke a pipe almost daily (health permitting) when I am not stricken by some flu virus. As it turns out, I may be immune now, so that's a bonus. And of course, thanks to my multiple trips to the Middle East at war, the military habit of using Copenhagen Snuff on a daily basis. I actually bought a duffel bag full of Cope rolls which lasted me more than 9 months because our rare trips to the FOB never yielded much due to so many soldiers buying it all up.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quit cigarettes when I bought my Silverado in 04. No smoking in the truck, the house. Wifes car. So it was easy. Cigars and pipe now and then.
    This is South, Fl, it's never too cold to sit outside for a cigar, but often too HOT to sit outside without roasting

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BKDog said:
    Cigars, whenever the weather isn't frigid. Usually one because just sitting around smoking outside isn't very productive. I smoke a pipe almost daily (health permitting) when I am not stricken by some flu virus. As it turns out, I may be immune now, so that's a bonus. And of course, thanks to my multiple trips to the Middle East at war, the military habit of using Copenhagen Snuff on a daily basis. I actually bought a duffel bag full of Cope rolls which lasted me more than 9 months because our rare trips to the FOB never yielded much due to so many soldiers buying it all up.

That must have been like putting dust in your mouth after 3 months. Cant imagine how dry the cans got

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 Surprisingly, most of them lasted fine. I did seal them in plastic bags, but no humidity control. I was storing the whole duffel bag inside a building with AC, which helped. The dip did get a little dry toward end, but it was still usable. I did crack open a can I left in my jacket pocket for over a year, still unopened, and it was dry as dust.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do coffee flavored Zyn.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

I chewed a ton for years. I liked Beechnut, Red Man and Levi Garret until I found Lancaster. Probably chewed a few thousand bags of this stuff. When the price doubled overnight, I quit cold turkey about sixteen years ago.

• Options

@CharlieHeis said:
    I chewed a ton for years. I liked Beechnut, Red Man and Levi Garret until I found Lancaster. Probably chewed a few thousand bags of this stuff. When the price doubled overnight, I quit cold turkey about sixteen years ago.

Thats stuffs really good and packs more nicotine more so than the others.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

https://testcountry.com/blogs/nicotine/6-common-food-with-nicotine-content

1. Tomatoes
    2. Potatoes
    3. Eggplants
    4. Teas
    5. Peppers and Capsicums
    6. Cauliflower

One site quotes 20 # of eggplant = 1 cigarette.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )