Home General Discussion
Options

Need major help identifying this cigar

Someone had given me this cigar maybe about 7-10 years ago. I would assume it was legit since i think he has some fancy stash of cigars and other expensive wines. Needless to say I think its a complete fake but always wonder why he would give it to me. Maybe someone can further explain what the hell this cigar is really supposed to me.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have a 100 percent genuine Fohiba from the trash can and floor of an actual Dominican cigar factory. These go anywhere from 2 bucks to 200 bucks a stick, depending on which beach you bought it from.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    dmf6978dmf6978 Posts: 7

Thanks Vegas.

**** that is F'ing awesome. I knew it was total crap. I am going to keep it in my fancy ass humidor to say i have a genuine fake ass Cohiba. Thanks for telling me that's is a rip off fake. I have been Had.

I submitted some photos of my REAL stash :wink:

no bad comments. I know the picture shows wrong %humidity but that was because the lid was opened while I took the photo. Its legit % trust me.

• Options

Lol no problem bro and nice collection. Looks like you're a fuente fan. Nice. I keep my humidors in the low 60s myself. I like them a little drier. Looks like yours are higher. That's fine too...much above 72 or 73 and you could breed beetles 8f your box gets warm....

Stick around and hang out a while....

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum, @dmf6978, nice collection.

If you use the icon on the right instead of the one on the left we'll see your whole pictures in the message instead of thumbnails.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Ahhh. Ok. Thanks for the photo tip. I’ve collected the opus x and I think my remaining cigars are like 15-20 years old but it’s hard to pin point years. Recently I have been putting the year on. The band with a a marker. Especially with all my Cubans. Nice to be here.

• Options

Yeah Vegas. My box never goes higher then 70. Good tip though. I have two more opus x with the black bands. Got it as a birthday gift long time ago. They are too long for me to smoke so I just collect it and store for some day. Picture to follow

• Options

With all of those Cubans I'd keep that box at 65. You ever get any of those little Fonseca smokes to actually draw? They're always plugged for me....

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

The white blocks at the top of the band are cut off. Cubans especially cohiba would not do that.

• Options

hahah Kudos Vegas once again. Your spot on. I just smoked one of the Fonseca over the weekend and said dam this draw is crap. Must have been a lower level employee who rolled that one. My first fonseca was fine and had no problems. I can drop the temp for sure, but just curious why you say lower to 65? I love the serie D from Partagus and the juan lopez was very good. the romeos i have suck. Too harsh. Got some more Padron 1926 sticks coming in, and trying out an order of Liga - Undercrown Limited Edition Flying Pig Collection and i got something else but i forgot.

• Options

As promised the last Opus X black edition in a glass tube. I was thinking that there should be like a club where people go half or chip in for the special editions. Most of my friends dont smoke cigars so buying an entire box of 20 25 is a waste since i cant smoke that many in a year. and I always want to increase my collection.

• Options

Too Large for me. 90 is my max I think for a cigar. I got a 1993 Macanudo vintage that's a beast. I don't think I would ever smoke that unless I cut it down.

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something tells me this DudeZ Really legit.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking the same thing, Wayne. I Doubt Zebras Rank higher than this.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

Less than 25 in a year?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.