Home General Discussion
Options

Flor De America

DerekDerek Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have experience with Flor De America (https://www.facigars.com/)?

This place is a town away from me and seems to be the only such joint in all of North Carolina.

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never heard of them, but their prices aren't terrible
    I'd think it would be worth a shot.
    I'm tempted to order a couple of the Sumatra, just to see.

Probably one of those small store/manufacturers that are still struggling to stay alive.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

@0patience said:
    Never heard of them, but their prices aren't terrible
    I'd think it would be worth a shot.
    I'm tempted to order a couple of the Sumatra, just to see.

Probably one of those small store/manufacturers that are still struggling to stay alive.

I'll stop by this week to check it out

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Derek said:

This place is a town away from me and seems to be the only such joint in all of North Carolina.

Old Nick distillery up near Mocksville and the whiskey prison distillery in mount pleasant both have lines of infused cigars (bourbon, rum, etc) but they are very pricey at $10-15 a stick.

• Options

@deadman said:

@Derek said:

Old Nick distillery up near Mocksville and the whiskey prison distillery in mount pleasant both have lines of infused cigars (bourbon, rum, etc) but they are very pricey at $10-15 a stick.

Thought it was cool that they hand roll at this joint in Statesville.

I haven't been to those distilleries. My experience with NC wine or liquor has not been stellar. Lots of great beer though.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Derek said:

@deadman said:

@Derek said:

I haven't been to those distilleries. My experience with NC wine or liquor has not been stellar. Lots of great beer though.

Yeah I heard about them but never went there or tried. Maybe a road trip is needed.

Also the seventeen twelve bourbon is supposed to be good, Tony can chime in. I sent him a bottle since he’s always low on cigars.
    Have you tried the Red Oak amber. So good 🤤

• Options

@deadman said:

@Derek said:

@deadman said:

@Derek said:

Yeah I heard about them but never went there or tried. Maybe a road trip is needed.

Also the seventeen twelve bourbon is supposed to be good, Tony can chime in. I sent him a bottle since he’s always low on cigars.
    Have you tried the Red Oak amber. So good 🤤

I have not, but then again I don't drink too many Amber's. I'm California transplant who tends to lean toward APA and IPA. Get to Asheville and hit the Sierra Nevada brewery if you haven't. Stunning.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Espinosa Laranja pairs well with IPAs.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember finding this site when I was looking for cigar spots in NC. I look forward to hearing about it and their cigars!

Definitely lots of good beer all over the state. I've been to several in the Raleigh area and several up and down the coast. Next to Deep River Brewery is InStill Distillery (separate companies) and the are distilling rum. I don't normally drink any liquor but I have had it a few times and it is pretty good I haven't gotten to try their dark rum yet but I hear it is even better. My preference is IPAs as well although I enjoy a variety of flavors :)

• Options

I'm digging it

Bought singles today but will go back to buy a bundle. Less then $90 for 20.

• Options
    BullSquatchBullSquatch Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very impressed with their smokes. Good construction, good flavor, good prices. Would definitely buy a pack of 20 here. Hope they stay alive during the bullshit.

"Some people meditate, I smoke cigars." - Ron Perlman
    "...I intend to go home tonight and smoke a cigar to the glory of God." - Charles Spurgeon
    Two Time Cigar Lottery Winner