Home General Discussion
Options

OGs

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

And better looking too.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Do any of you OGs remember when the vHerf was started?

Now, everyone is getting in on this, but we've been doing it for years. I'm curious how long and who started it. I think the original thread is missing.

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Thanks, Sherm!

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m all over that ..... Brianetz started up.

• Options
    edited July 2020

The shirts and shoes required comment was because I used to smoke in just boxer shorts. Just wanted to give you all a visual

• Options

We've seen more and less on the vHerf while you were gone. Let's just say that Scotch was involved.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to send messages almost daily to Kuzi. I learned a lot from him.

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

That feels so long ago.
    I was young when I joined this forum.....

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭

All I remember are the horrid photobucket days

Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

Loving this thread, great to see the Old****Guys on here. As most of us have experienced when I first found the forum I read all these great pearls of Wisdom form @kuzi16, comments from others such as @Bigshizza, @Trident, then following older threads and reading posts from @0patience, @madurofan, @Lee.mcglynn and many more. Guys where in the sam hill have yall been. We miss you guys around here. All the OG even those I haven't mentioned, we want to hear for you guys. Thanks for pioneering this forum. You guys get much respect.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

The original OG forum was over at the sister site CI aka: banter. I know thems fighting words to some but I had to say it. I'll hide behind my couch now...😆

• Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CAcigarguy007 said:
    The original OG forum was over at the sister site CI aka: banter. I know thems fighting words to some but I had to say it. I'll hide behind my couch now...😆

We was dem Bad ass puNk's. And Always Shine my Brother.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alienmisprint said:
    Daaaaaamn. It has been a looooong time, I can't believe some of yall are still in here!!

I recognize you from all over the forum when joined several years ago. Welcome back.

• Options

@alienmisprint said:
    Daaaaaamn. It has been a looooong time, I can't believe some of yall are still in here!!

What’s up 👽. Long time.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

But.... how many of the OG's are here that never left? I'm not faulting anyone for taking a long hiatus, life gets in the way, and there are way more important things in life than a forum of cigar nuts. And of course, we honor those who laid the groundwork for a great forum, especially those who dropped some wisdom. But look around, and honor those who have been here all along.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alienmisprint said:

Well there's a voice from Xmas past.
    How have you been doing?

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

Damn, what up Vision and 0p, long time no talk!

Everything has been great on my end! I retired from the Army almost 2 years ago now, opened my own tattoo studio, and every day is the best day of my life!

How about you guys? Everything been groovy over the past 6 years or so?

• Options

@Peter: not here trying to steal anyone's thunder or to be honored, lol. Curiosity just struck me last night, I honestly didn't even know if they still had a Ccom forum. I figured it'd be cool to just drop in and say hi if there were any old friends in here, and this seemed like the thread to do that in.

• Options

@alienmisprint said:

Everything has been great on my end! I retired from the Army almost 2 years ago now, opened my own tattoo studio, and every day is the best day of my life!

Just doing it every day! Hey man, thank you for your service to your county! Hope to see you around. You still into the hobby?

• Options

@Vision said:

@alienmisprint said:

Just doing it every day! Hey man, thank you for your service to your county! Hope to see you around. You still into the hobby?

Nah man, I actually haven't had a cigar in a few years. I quit smoking cigarettes and just ended up cutting nicotine out all together. I do still have one last humidor with a few well-aged sticks, lol.

You remember Purofreak? He's the last person I had a cigar with, I think right before he moved to Hawaii.

• Options

@alienmisprint said:

@Vision said:

@alienmisprint said:

Nah man, I actually haven't had a cigar in a few years. I quit smoking cigarettes and just ended up cutting nicotine out all together. I do still have one last humidor with a few well-aged sticks, lol.

You remember Purofreak? He's the last person I had a cigar with, I think right before he moved to Hawaii.

I do I do. I think it was Trident or Madurofan they recently mentioned he moved to the Islands

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still kicking

• Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭

@alienmisprint @Vision dang pete! didn't i just mention him on VHERF. I did my first trade with him so long ago. the good ol days.

Welcome back! join us on vherf!