Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Cuban Missile Crisis

CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me and @EgoBoundary were talking about Cuban’s on the vHerf, and I mentioned how I had a Romeo y Julieta Churchill that I hadn’t smoked yet, because I bought it in Mexico last year and spent way too much money paying for it, so I wasn’t going to smoke it until 2 years from when I bought it in case it was not ready. He basically told me to shyt or get off the pot and sent me 2 more so I don’t have a reason to wait, plus another 5 incredible cigars, such as those Partagas Lusitania’s that are from 2017. What an incredible gift to arrive home to.

Comments

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome hit @EgoBoundary

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whooooaaah rook! Easy does it! Now my bomb of VS and flor de olivas to @IndustMech won't look quite as nice!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank that's no rook move. Boy got skillz...

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fvcking Calvin...

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

i hope they smoke well as unpredictable as Cubans have been for me, I figure you just gotta try them ... I am hitting the lusi’s hard these days which is why is snuck them in ... but the RyJ Churchill’s have been surprisingly enjoyable

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    Alright @EgoBoundary here’s the one I bought in Mexico. Really good so far.

That’s the spirit!

• Options

@EgoBoundary said:

@CalvinAndHobo said:

That’s the spirit!

It smoked perfectly. I'm not a tasting notes person so take it with a grain of salt but lots of hay at the beginning, then it built in strength until the end was like espresso. Really enjoyable. I'm going to try the Lusi in a few weeks once it's acclimated.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:

@EgoBoundary said:

@CalvinAndHobo said:

That’s the spirit!

It smoked perfectly. I'm not a tasting notes person so take it with a grain of salt but lots of hay at the beginning, then it built in strength until the end was like espresso. Really enjoyable. I'm going to try the Lusi in a few weeks once it's acclimated.

I have short Churchill’s and they usually have a lot of floral notes like the serie D no 4. Did you pick up any on the full size?

• Options

@deadman said:

@CalvinAndHobo said:

@EgoBoundary said:

@CalvinAndHobo said:

That’s the spirit!

I have short Churchill’s and they usually have a lot of floral notes like the serie D no 4. Did you pick up any on the full size?

No I didn't, but that doesn't mean they weren't there. I don't really try to name what I'm tasting normally so I wasn't looking for tasting notes. I would definitely not compare it to the Serie D though, completely different cigar. I'm looking up prices of the RyJ right now though, I really enjoyed it.

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its about time you smoked one of them. Glad you enjoyed it. Looks like it was worth the wait

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

You just don't quit do you Frank;)

A little dirt never hurt