Home Non Cigar Related
Options

"The NEWS" Or the lack of it. Well, what is supposed to be the news

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trump says Goya boycott backfired: ‘People are buying like crazy!’

Even when it is good news its bad.
Goya is selling so fast my favorite items are becoming harder and harder to find.

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jd50ae said:
    Trump says Goya boycott backfired: ‘People are buying like crazy!’

Even when it is good news its bad.
    Goya is selling so fast my favorite items are becoming harder and harder to find.

Why are we boycotting Goya?

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't know why either until yesterday I looked it up. It's pure cancel culture. Goya CEO praised Trump. Trump haters rally cry immediately becomes "Boycott Goya!". And should the boycott have any success, the collateral damage would be that Goya employees would suffer.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    84CJ784CJ7 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    I didn't know why either until yesterday I looked it up. It's pure cancel culture. Goya CEO praised Trump. Trump haters rally cry immediately becomes "Boycott Goya!". And should the boycott have any success, the collateral damage would be that Goya employees would suffer.

He also praised Obama when he was invite to the White House during his term. Amazingly, there were no calls for boycott then.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

If you'd asked me "What is Goya?", I'd have guessed "An impressionist painter from Spain?".

So, what is "Goya"?
    (I'm assuming it's not really granulated Lib'ral tears)

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a food production company. Hispanic in origin.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

You see a lot of their stuff in the ethnic food aisle.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.