Home General Discussion

What has happened to the FORUM?

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK.
i was laid up for about 3 months. So many changes, and i guess I missed the "announcements.
What has happened to photo posting.
There are other thinga but that is the big one.

Comments

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

The script that populates the space when you add photo becomes the picture when posted or previewed.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paul's right, while the current editor is not perfect, it's working better than the previous one. You can hit preview to see the images before you post your comment.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Liberals, am I right JD?

Don't look ↑
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, now another glitch has reared its ugly head. There are videos on a couple recent threads that I’d like to watch but each time I click on the “go” button a second one appears. When I click on that, I get a third “go” button with a whirling ‘search’ indicator but the video never loads.

If I click again I get a message saying “an error has occurred” and says I should try again later.

Clicking on ‘learn more’ gets me a message from YouTube saying I should restart my device. I tried that but to no avail. Anyone got any suggestions??

Which video?

Don't look ↑
    edited September 2020

I guess I'll ask all of the other regular questions too. What device are you accessing the forum from? Computer? Cell phone? Tablet? What model of hardware are you using, what browser are you using, what version, etc? I'm using an Android phone and the chrome browser and can access the davidoff video just fine. It was also just fine on my Windows 10 laptop using the chrome browser. I don't use Firefox or anything Microsoft for browsers because they're generally pieces of crap. Same with Safari, but that's just my experience.

Don't look ↑

To answer your questions, I use Safari on my iPhone. Rarely ever use my laptop.

The Davidoff video is one of them and there’s a gag video on the thread “Pelosi is a pig”. Seems there was a third one that I forget right now.

Hope this helps... TIA. 👴🏻

Hmmm, I'm prolly not as much help with the apple stuff since I don't have any apple products. I think @Yakster is a iphone guru.

Don't look ↑

What version of iphone?

Don't look ↑
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

I launch the forum in Chrome on my iPhone, and the videos seem to launch fine

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

iPhone here with no issues regarding videos. I get on the forum through google though.

I'll try the Davidoff video on my work iphone.

It worked fine on my old iphone with Safari.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

maybe your isp is having trouble? Check out this map:

https://www.thousandeyes.com/outages

https://outage.report/us

Nothing wrong with my wi-fi. Been using it most of the day watching videos on my tv with my Fire Stick.

@VegasFrank - my iPhone is a model 7