Home Non Cigar Related

REDSKINS name.

jd50aejd50ae West Gnawed Pencil, TNPosts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

«1

Comments

  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 TexasPosts: 2,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

    ^Oh man that’s bad lol

    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • 0patience0patience Packed up the bags and moved to TenneseePosts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ShawnOL said:
    I've always believed that the people who are the most offended by something even slightly racial are white liberals feeling guilty for something they didn't do to people they've never met.

    Ding Ding Ding!! Winner!!
    Welcome to reality.

    Ok, don't get me wrong, there are some minorities that get irritated with some things that are racist, but usually it's some BS thing that really doesn't matter, just irritates them.
    For me, it's a white person using the native terms. It isn't often, but it's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
    I don't know that I view it as racist, just that it is something that grates on me.
    I guess it would be like me, being from the west, going to the mid-west or wherever it is used and using "Don't ya know." It would be ugly.
    Or saying "Bless his heart" without the southern or Texas accent
    No. Just no. There is a refinement to that phrase, that without the accent, just sounds stupid.

    Ok, went off the rails on that. LOL!

    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

    Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • webmostwebmost Dull-AwarePosts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)


  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 TexasPosts: 2,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

    @0patience, Tony your American Indian and if they gave you the choice for the new name what would you choose? Completely serious question. I like The Washington Tomahawks or Washington War Eagles but the radicals might think those are both too offensive.

    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • 0patience0patience Packed up the bags and moved to TenneseePosts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

    @TX98Z28 said:
    @0patience, Tony your American Indian and if they gave you the choice for the new name what would you choose? Completely serious question. I like The Washington Tomahawks or Washington War Eagles but the radicals might think those are both too offensive.

    Anything I came up with, the radicals would find offensive.
    The PC Police do not care about it being offensive or not.
    They want to stop anything that is someone's heritage.
    It doesn't matter to them.
    The fact that the logo was designed by a native makes no difference to them.
    They don't believe the truth. As far as they are concerned, it is racist.
    The funny thing is, most the a$$holes who are raising hell, are white.

    As for names, Warriors is over-used, Chiefs is taken, Ravens is taken.
    A lot of names ARE native american origin.
    I would say Coyotes, but they are tricksters and not always looked upon favorably.

    But honestly, the only one that I think would be good and retains power is Sasquatch.
    Although, I'm sure the radicals could find some issue with it.

    Other than that, War Eagles is good. I like that one and it could refer to the military too. But again, the radicals will have a fit about violent nature of it.

    Bottom line, we can't win against them.

    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

    Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Cape CodPosts: 15,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Whistle pigs! I would suggest Woodchucks but that is derived from a Wampanog name for the critter. Ground Hogs would work, too.

  • deadmandeadman Midland, NCPosts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Washington Pigskins

  • ShawnOLShawnOL The People's Communist Republic of MassachusettsPosts: 6,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

    The Only People Who Work For Their Paychecks In This Town.

  • GuitardedGuitarded AlbuquerquePosts: 4,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Washington Lobbyists.
    That should instill fear in the opposition.

    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Diver43Diver43 South FloridaPosts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @0patience said:

    @TX98Z28 said:
    @0patience, Tony your American Indian and if they gave you the choice for the new name what would you choose? Completely serious question. I like The Washington Tomahawks or Washington War Eagles but the radicals might think those are both too offensive.

    Anything I came up with, the radicals would find offensive.
    The PC Police do not care about it being offensive or not.
    They want to stop anything that is someone's heritage.
    It doesn't matter to them.
    The fact that the logo was designed by a native makes no difference to them.
    They don't believe the truth. As far as they are concerned, it is racist.
    The funny thing is, most the a$$holes who are raising hell, are white.

    As for names, Warriors is over-used, Chiefs is taken, Ravens is taken.
    A lot of names ARE native american origin.
    I would say Coyotes, but they are tricksters and not always looked upon favorably.

    But honestly, the only one that I think would be good and retains power is Sasquatch.
    Although, I'm sure the radicals could find some issue with it.

    Other than that, War Eagles is good. I like that one and it could refer to the military too. But again, the radicals will have a fit about violent nature of it.

    Bottom line, we can't win against them.

    I sure hope your last words are wrong. If they keep winning these battles, they just may win the war, if they do God/Goddess, whatever you choose, America as we know it is gone.

    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • 0patience0patience Packed up the bags and moved to TenneseePosts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Diver43 said:

    @0patience said:

    @TX98Z28 said:
    @0patience, Tony your American Indian and if they gave you the choice for the new name what would you choose? Completely serious question. I like The Washington Tomahawks or Washington War Eagles but the radicals might think those are both too offensive.

    Anything I came up with, the radicals would find offensive.
    The PC Police do not care about it being offensive or not.
    They want to stop anything that is someone's heritage.
    It doesn't matter to them.
    The fact that the logo was designed by a native makes no difference to them.
    They don't believe the truth. As far as they are concerned, it is racist.
    The funny thing is, most the a$$holes who are raising hell, are white.

    As for names, Warriors is over-used, Chiefs is taken, Ravens is taken.
    A lot of names ARE native american origin.
    I would say Coyotes, but they are tricksters and not always looked upon favorably.

    But honestly, the only one that I think would be good and retains power is Sasquatch.
    Although, I'm sure the radicals could find some issue with it.

    Other than that, War Eagles is good. I like that one and it could refer to the military too. But again, the radicals will have a fit about violent nature of it.

    Bottom line, we can't win against them.

    I sure hope your last words are wrong. If they keep winning these battles, they just may win the war, if they do God/Goddess, whatever you choose, America as we know it is gone.

    I sure hope I am wrong too.

    Let's see. People imposing their views on other people.
    Attacking the other people when they oppose those views.
    Destroying the homes, villages and towns of those people who oppose those views.
    Using the govt to enforce their beliefs and views on the other people.

    Any of this sound at all familiar?

    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

    Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Diver43Diver43 South FloridaPosts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

    Sound familiar? Of course It does, I studied history before they began to change it.

    Post edited by Diver43 on
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Significant3Significant3 Peoria AZPosts: 2,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @0patience @Diver43

    Yep, I have a degree in history and like Diver says now that the powers-at-be change it and de-emphasize it in the schools the young people can’t see through the muck which Im convinced is by design to control their minds.

  • silvermousesilvermouse Cape CodPosts: 15,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I vote for Washington Swamp Rats.

  • webmostwebmost Dull-AwarePosts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

    DeadSkins

    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)


  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior N.C. MountainsPosts: 2,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Wolverines

    The Native Peoples of the Americas gave tobacco to the world.
  • webmostwebmost Dull-AwarePosts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)


  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

    With the recent allegations, dare I say call them the foreskins?

  • Diver43Diver43 South FloridaPosts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

    WWC. Washington Who Cares

    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • 0patience0patience Packed up the bags and moved to TenneseePosts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Washington Home Of Resentful Environmentalists.
    Too long? :wink:

    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

    Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
Sign In or Register to comment.