Home General Discussion

Anyone sweeten your tip

I do that by crunching up brown sugar until it is real fine and then mixing it with edible glue. It should be done the day before you smoke it to let it dry. Maybe there is a better way though.

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    I honestly don't care what my tip tastes like, although {fill in the blank}'s mom does.

I’m safe

• TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do enjoy the occasional dessert cigar but I leave it to the professionals and buy as is.

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I was dating my now wife she bought me a cigar that the top was coat cocoa and brown sugar, very lightly, wasn't bad. I had a baccarat once and it was so sweet I wanted to toss it. I prefer natural tobacco but to each his own.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

This post is a prime(us) target for **** jokes.

How come there's any been a handful so far??

What are you guys, a bunch of stiffs?

I've heard of dunking the tip of a cigar in cognac or whatever liquor you prefer. I tried it once and it was gross.

Could you disolve sugar in a high proof alcohol? Something that would evaporate quickly, but let the sugar soak in a little.

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Drinking pineapple juice has been known to do just that..lol. Hard no to sweetening cigars though for me. No thanks.

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    When I was at Long Ashes in Ybor City I was kind of surprised to find out how many of the cigars they roll there had sweetened tips. I bought a number of cigars there, none with sweetened tips, but roughly 50% of what was available were sweetened. I asked the guy if they sold well, he said probably more than half the buyers get them. Kind of shocked me. I think I'll stay with what I know and love, tobacco flavored tobacco.

Makes you wonder why this is done. My guess is that it may hide some unpleasant flavor offerings. Can't see any other legitimate reasons besides appealing to those who aren't true fans of pure tobacco flavor.

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    When I was at Long Ashes in Ybor City I was kind of surprised to find out how many of the cigars they roll there had sweetened tips. I bought a number of cigars there, none with sweetened tips, but roughly 50% of what was available were sweetened. I asked the guy if they sold well, he said probably more than half the buyers get them. Kind of shocked me. I think I'll stay with what I know and love, tobacco flavored tobacco.

Makes you wonder why this is done. My guess is that it may hide some unpleasant flavor offerings. Can't see any other legitimate reasons besides appealing to those who aren't true fans of pure tobacco flavor.

Yeah, tourist thing Im sure. Ybor has cigar bars and shops like every block (which is cool), but im sure many just stop by for the experience.

I bought a few from long ashes and they were not bad at all. One of the few places I found where they were rolling. I dont recall any sweetwned, but its been a while.

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

I smoked a cigar with a sweetened tip once, before I could legally buy alcohol.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember mixing booze and powdered sugar and putting it on some really cheap cigars to get through the box. Should have just thrown them away. Didn't make them any better.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gray4lines said:

I try not to swing at slow pitches.

I accidently smoked a sweet tip once, had a cowboy hat or maybe a boot on the label, I don't remember brand....But I do remember not liking it enough not to try it again.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ForMud said:

@Gray4lines said:

I accidently smoked a sweet tip once, had a cowboy hat or maybe a boot on the label, I don't remember brand....But I do remember not liking it enough not to try it again.

If it was a Lancero it was a Kinky Friedman Kinky Lady

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trish said:
    I like to drill a hole in the center and fill it with pixi Stix so you get the flavor from start to finish, and sniffing super glue gives you a better high than edibles

HAHAHAHA!

@ForMud said:

@Gray4lines said:

Lol, I applaud your restraint.

One cigar I enjoyed that has a sweetened tip (i think) is the DE tabak red eye. I smoked a few a long while ago, and it was nice for something different. Yeah, not really my thing for the most part. Can be pretty overpowering.