Home General Discussion
Options

How is the cut of my first cigar?

ManeeshManeesh Posts: 7
edited July 2020 in General Discussion

I am having my first cigar and I made a cut so small fearing not to go for an amateur cut. I would love to know the opinion of the cut I made. Is it an amateur or perfect ?

Comments

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Not bad. I would try taking just a hair more.

Remember, if you cut it shallow then you can always cut a little more but if you take too much then it’s done.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

CP Pics | Gamemastor96's Club Penguin Stuff![]

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    What kind of socks are you wearing, @Maneesh ?

Hahahaha!! That’s the short I am wearing.

• Options

@peter4jc said:

Trying to recapture that excitement of being a newb.

Which cigar is that ?

• Options

@peter4jc said:
    That's the one I smoked today.

I meant to ask about the type, name, etc,.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WaterNerd said:
    @Maneesh Welcome to the forum. Looks like you are using the same cutter I started with. Recommend you get a better cutter. You can pick up an Xikar for $30 that will last for a long time. I started with a punch, then went to a double guillotine which is the cutter I use today but I also have a V cut.

Interesting that you should mention that. In the beginning, I went with a double guillotine but it didn’t take long for mr to get fed up with spitting tiny bits of tobacco all the time.

So I tried a cheapie plastic v-cutter that I had. Too flimsy and not reliable to make a workmanlike cut so I swore off of the v-cutter and settled for a punch.

Many years later, I tried a more substantial v-cutter and became an instant convert. Wish I hadn’t been so dumb years earlier.... 👴🏻

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lotus jaws is the best cutter. Serrated so never goes dull. 23 bucks.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@peter4jc said:
    Oh, sorry...

I would love to try that one.

• Options

@WaterNerd said:
    @Maneesh Welcome to the forum. Looks like you are using the same cutter I started with. Recommend you get a better cutter. You can pick up an Xikar for $30 that will last for a long time. I started with a punch, then went to a double guillotine which is the cutter I use today but I also have a V cut.

Thank you, I will take that suggestion.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Maneesh said:

@peter4jc said:
    Oh, sorry...

I would love to try that one.

https://www.cigar.com/p/aganorsa-leaf-connecticut-cigars/2013861/
    You're welcome

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, @Maneesh , did you happen to see the article on cutting in the recent Cigar.com magazine? Just wondering.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    So, @Maneesh , did you happen to see the article on cutting in the recent Cigar.com magazine? Just wondering.

No Amos, I have been watching few videos on YouTube on how to get a perfect cut but I will try to take a look at that article.

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

A good cut is when's there's no blood.....So you're good.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perfect. I just like to shave it myself.