Options

Half go unseen

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

photos and memes are invisible
Forum Gods paying attention?

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell us which half are missing and we'll take it from there.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jd50ae I still haven't seen a response to my post asking for information on this issue, right now there's not enough to go on to figure out why your not seeing the pictures.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

Might have something to do with security settings as most pages I visit on Ccom are displayed as "not secure".

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

If your on a Mac OS be sure to update your software, macOS 10.13.6 fixed my email, website problems, all kinds of stuff including some stuff of with images on here.

Oh and don't forget to update the software on your car or trucks touchscreen, it's in there under the settings, stuff went wild a couple months ago and kept playing music when the Colorado was completely off...technology...

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

burner phone issue

• Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cataract?

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options

@jd50ae, replace the flux capacitor.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean the Mr. Fusion

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

More likely the turbo encabulator... 😜😜

• Options

@jlmarta said:

@Yakster said:

More likely the turbo encabulator... 😜😜

I love that video. I watched a product video from my company this week that had more doublespeak and made less sense than that one, sadly.

• Options

Agreed. I think it’s a great video.

Years ago, when I worked for Boeing, one of my tasks was that of writing policy or procedure manuals and documents. Boeing had many strange policies and one of the tools we were encouraged to use was the ‘fog count index’.

With this index, you counted the number of monosyllabic and polysyllabic words in a given paragraph and the total number of words in that paragraph, cranked these numbers through a formula and arrived at a ‘fog count’. This number then indicated the grade level of the audience for which you were writing this particular document.

A fog count of, say, 12 would indicate that it would take a high school graduate to understand the document. A count of 16 or higher required a bachelor’s degree, etc.

The object was to target the document to a level appropriate to your audience. Writing ‘down’ to your audience tended to result in reduced readership while writing too ‘high’ might be difficult for your audience to comprehend.

Those were fun days.... 😜

• Options
    edited July 2020

^^^Crap^^^. I thought I was responding to a PM. Didn’t realize the above would be boring everyone else instead of just Chris @Yakster. Sorry, guys.... 🙄

Post edited by jlmarta on
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got about half-way through Mr. Marta's post, but TLTR.
    Just kidding. But I've noticed a trend in illiteracy accompanying digital media, n e one know what I mean?

• Options

Yep. U r rite.... 😜

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jlmarta said:
    ^^^Crap^^^. I thought I was responding to a PM. Didn’t realize the above would be boring everyone else instead of just Chris @Yakster. Sorry, guys.... 🙄

Disagree, Actually found that interesting.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.