Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Does this meat smell bad?

ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesterday around 4pm I pulled 2 chops and 2 lbs of chicken strips from the freezer to thaw. I left them out all night and put them in the fridge at 6am this morning. Any chance they're still safe to eat. House AC was on.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,234 ✭✭✭✭✭

Were they still cold? Chops should be fine, Chicken is always a risk. Probably OK, but only one way to tell....

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Roll the dice....What's the worst could happen...

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eat it.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

Meat can be eaten if it's bad, it just has to be thoroughly cooked. It may have an odd taste to it and if you're squeamish you may gag a bit or vomit, but cooked to the point in which all bacteria is destroyed is safe.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll never forget the rancid green steaks mom tried to prepare for the family when I was younger,..

Probably why I’ve never had food poisoning to this day from the food we ate.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,234 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the meat don't get you the onions will:

Salmonella outbreak infecting people in over 30 states has been linked to red onions
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/salmonella-outbreak-linked-to-red-onions-united-states/

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, folks.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. 12 (14) hour defrost is not going to harm anything. Don't refreeze them, but go ahead and cook them up and enjoy.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...