Home General Discussion

My last order with CigarBid.com

WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

Placed an order with Cigarbid.com last week and everything seemed fine then my order was cancelled with no explanation from Cigarbid.com and now they won’t refund my credit card. I called the 1-800 number and was on hold for 1 hr but no one answered. Sent several messages but never received a response. Are they still in business? Checked the BBB and they gave them a D- / F rating due to poor customer service and not fulfilling orders. Sad. Been buying from them for a long time. Looks like its time for me to find a new auction site. Any suggestions?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
— Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cigar auctioneer

Don't look ↑

But I have no idea where I'm going to get my man o' wars and Ave Maria's now

Don't look ↑
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Call your credit card company and put a stop payment, have them deal with it. You have plenty of information to provide the cc company, I would also have them cancel that card and issue a new one. My company provides this service at no cost, but for even if there is a cost it's worth it. No more headache and never buy from them again.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here man! Ordered 4 La Barber..... never shipped. Message after message with no response. CA here I come!

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WaterNerd

Check your inbox... 👴🏻

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jlmarta Thank you!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, I’ve been using them a lot lately. Isn’t this the one operated by CI

Yes it is

Don't look ↑
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve ordered from them the last 5 weeks with no issues and multiple times over the last 3 years.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lots of recent threads on the cbid forum about lack of customer service, cancelled orders, and unfounded charges.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@NorCalR1 said:
    I’ve ordered from them the last 5 weeks with no issues and multiple times over the last 3 years.

Literally 7 straight weeks without issues. Then nothing

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Oldfart left them a couple months ago. ‘Nuff said... 👴🏻

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Yes it is

Didn't the mothership buy JR and Thompson too? Could it be acquisitions and consolidation to blame?

I think that altadis just sold Jr to a Chinese conglomerate, but yes they own Thompson

Don't look ↑
  • TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

uh oh, I've got an order with them right now. Hope this doesn't bode poorly. Never had issues with them before.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

My order shipped quickly. Can't say it'll be right, though. They're pretty hit or miss from the looks of it.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

They probably operate out of the warehouse and not the store.
    Probably an understaffed Customer service department and the CSRs are probably working from home now.

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

More than likely due to the "crisis", that's gonna be the norm for a while.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."

A little over two weeks since order and it’s now in “Processing“

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last weeks CBid landed on Tuesday per usual with all items accounted for. Not sure why it seems to be so hit or miss other than staffing problems??

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. I’m done with them. They never answer you anymore.