Home General Discussion

Wouldn’t ya think.....

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in General Discussion

@TheCigarChick

Good morning, Lindsey. Wouldn’t ya think if they were gonna spend the money to make and promote a product like this that they could at least spell the guy’s name correctly?? 😜😜

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    This was a different guy. This Julius lives in Jalapa Nicaragua.

Same guy that opened up all the Orange Julius in the North East. Makes a mean salad as well!

edited August 2020

This from CI.com

“Don’t get all uppity by the spelling of “Caeser” – in this instance, the name comes from Julius Caeser Newman, the founder of J.C. Newman cigars. This cigar was created to celebrate the company’s 115th anniversary and to honor the founding father’s 135th birthday. Newman started out humbly rolling cigars in Cleveland, and the company now operates out of Tampa, with third generation Newmans running the show.”

Edit - added quotes

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:
    This from CI.com

“Don’t get all uppity by the spelling of “Caeser” – in this instance, the name comes from Julius Caeser Newman, the founder of J.C. Newman cigars. This cigar was created to celebrate the company’s 115th anniversary and to honor the founding father’s 135th birthday. Newman started out humbly rolling cigars in Cleveland, and the company now operates out of Tampa, with third generation Newmans running the show.”

Edit - added quotes

If that’s true, then can you ‘splain why there’s a picture of Julius Caesar on the band of the cigar??? 😜🤓😜

@jlmarta said:

@Vision said:
    This from CI.com

Edit - added quotes

If that’s true, then can you ‘splain why there’s a picture of Julius Caesar on the band of the cigar??? 😜🤓😜

That’s from Cigars International my man.... not I

@Vision said:

@jlmarta said:

@Vision said:
    This from CI.com

Edit - added quotes

😝 Mebbe so, but on my scoresheet, it’s still a ‘gotcha’...😜😜

@jlmarta said:

@Vision said:

@jlmarta said:

@Vision said:
    This from CI.com

Edit - added quotes

😝 Mebbe so, but on my scoresheet, it’s still a ‘gotcha’...😜😜

I just forwarded that on to them

They just replied and will contact you ASAP!

😜😆🥴

Oh, goodie... Thanks..👍

BWAHAHAHA!!!

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

I heard Bobby Newman tell this story once. JC Newman was named after Julius Caesar, and JC Newman's parents, his father I think, simply spelled his name wrong.

Don't look ↑
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

A young Julius Caesar. And now you know the rest of the story.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

A Paul Harvey reference? Damn I'm old.

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:
    This from CI.com

Edit - added quotes

I wonder if their related?

Alfred E Newman....

J.C. Newman’s kid brother... 😜😜

• TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin

Oh boy, everyone’s got jokes! If you all read my essay on JC Newman you’d know the story! :p