Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Perdomo Firecracker

TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first official review, after I clear my head from this stick. D**n this is a heavy stick. Leave it to a newbie like me to underestimate the 3.5", but glad I smoked on a full stomach.

The wrapper is a normal beautiful sun grown that Perdomo does so well with the "fuse" running down the side to stop about an inch from the foot. Straight cut and got nice woodsy, earthy flavors.

First light felt like a firecracker of pepper and a gut punch of ligero. Genius me began retrohaling which actually wasn't as strong as I thought. There is definitely some complexity to the flavor that a better palate than mine will have to pick up. Fine burn until it reaches the fuse then needed some love. Going forward the strength stays the same, maybe increases, but I can pick up a few separate pepper flavors now. Little else though. Starting to get lightheaded about halfway through. Near the last third, I actually get a lighter sweetness begin to develop. Couldn't enjoy it though, had to put this sucker down.

Overall, it was good, am excited to smoke again, in at least 6 months, in the dead of winter, when I have some more tolerance.

Comments

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice review. Somehow I've never heard of the firecracker series from 2 guys. Cool stuff! Have you tried their regular production firecraker?

Usually I do not care for really strong cigars, but sometimes you just want a pepper bomb and a kick of ligero; shorter cigar seems like a good formst for that!

Sounds like itd be a good winter smoke. Short and definitely enough nicotine so that you do not want to smoke a second cigar. Maybe they will mellow out if tou hold onto them too.

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

Thanks @Gray4lines ! I didn't even know they had a regular production firecracker, how do you like it? May have to add to my list.

Yes, I plan to sit on them and report back later on.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheKraken said:
    Thanks @Gray4lines ! I didn't even know they had a regular production firecracker, how do you like it? May have to add to my list.

I personally would chase their Boutique Firecrackers. I was not pleased with their “Dominican Factory” Firecrackers.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pete is spot on. I've had the regular, perdomo, kristoff, mi querida (all editions), and the fratello. The regular is the worst of the bunch. Not a bad cigar, but just ho-hum. Love the perdomo. Fratello is good, kristoff is very good. The Dunbarton one is the best.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:
    Pete is spot on. I've had the regular, perdomo, kristoff, mi querida (all editions), and the fratello. The regular is the worst of the bunch. Not a bad cigar, but just ho-hum. Love the perdomo. Fratello is good, kristoff is very good. The Dunbarton one is the best.

👀

August 31st.......

🤭

🤫

• Options

@Vision said:

@TheKraken said:

I personally would chase their Boutique Firecrackers. I was not pleased with their “Dominican Factory” Firecrackers.

Oh I haven't tried it. Just happened to see it when I was looking around at the perdomos. Sounds like consensus is meh. Ill have to keep a lookout for the limited runs. Seems kind of cool.

• Options

That smart fellah above your post was saying if you like the Perdomo.... check the 2guys website on the 31st.

He was also informed online might be the only way to procure the new release.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did someone say something about a faht smellah?

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    edited August 2020

@Vision 👍