A couple of times per stick
22%
Bob_LukenavengethisWylaffDiver43deadmanCalvinAndHoboTBonzCtheHam 8 votes
A third or half the time
11%
TruDogIndustMechNorCalR1cigarexplorer 4 votes
Very often
42%
Poker_SlobAmos_UmwhatGray4linesCAcigarguy007Visionrsherman24CharlieHeisUsaf06silvermouseYaksterTNBigfoot68TX98Z28TheKrakenDerekd_blades 15 votes
Every time
17%
webmostStubblepeter4jcForMudBKDogVegasFrank 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very often

Very often.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very often

Maybe not every puff, but most. When I do retrohale it usually isn't the full draw. Ill let some out of my mouth and retro the tail end... more or less retro depending on the cigar.

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time

Interesting so far. If I don't retrohale on a puff, it's an accident. Maybe it's because I was a cigarette smoker for 20 years.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very often

I do it without any thought at this point.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are we talking like a full on, mouth closed, retrohale? Because I don't do that very often, hence the vote. I do let some smoke come out the nose on most exhales though.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very often

I can't taste a damn thing without retro haling, probably about 90%+ of the time. It didn't use to be this way, I don't know what the hell happened, I taste food just fine.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very often

don't know how you fancy folks attach your vote but I voted Very Often. Probably ~90% of the time. Not a full closed mouth all of that though.

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Very often

Guess I'll answer twice..lol

More than a few times a stick. More like 5-10 times during a robusto cigar, which is the vast majority of size cigars in my collection. For a cigar that I really prize and love, could even be every other puff but some are also too spicy/peppery to do to often (Inspirado Red for example). I tend to do it much more on my well aged cigars. They are smoother and tastier so the retro brings out a lot of nuances and interplay of flavors that would be missed/muted by only draw tasting. Gotta use the entire olfactory senses to get all the flavors from the volatile organic compounds expressed through combustion.

Post edited by CAcigarguy007 on
  • Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Very often

@TheKraken said:
    don't know how you fancy folks attach your vote but I voted Very Often. Probably ~90% of the time. Not a full closed mouth all of that though.

Apparently it's automatically attached it. Sorry, it's my first time on the intranet

Post edited by TheKraken on

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really depends on the stick. Couple times per stick mostly but on CCs it’s a majority.

• Options
    Every time

@TheKraken said:

@TheKraken said:

Apparently it's automatically attached it. Sorry, it's my first time on the intranet

Wow, you're on an intranet? Cool....

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time

Automatically every time...Would have consciously think about not doing it.

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time

Yup. B)

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never

Only those who have sinus or allergy issues understand why I never retrohale.

Ok, maybe never is too strong a word. Rarely would be more accurate.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very often

@Gray4lines said:
    Maybe not every puff, but most. When I do retrohale it usually isn't the full draw. Ill let some out of my mouth and retro the tail end... more or less retro depending on the cigar.

Same.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

@0patience said:

I don't have sinus or allergy problems but retrohale offers quite a sting to my sinuses. I still do it some but with only a small portion of the smoke remaining from an average draw and that way I can regulate the amount of smoke I'm willing to tolerate going out the nose. And sometimes I also do the same retrohale procedure through the nose immediately after I expel ALL the smoke. It's not technically a retrohale at that point because the smoke is gone, but I do get a lot of extra flavor that way. Very tasty.

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very often

I enjoy the added flavor you get from the retro hale. I know I am weird, but I sware that some cigars open my sinuses up so I can breath better for a bit.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very often

@Bob_Luken said:

@0patience said:

I don't have sinus or allergy problems but retrohale offers quite a sting to my sinuses. I still do it some but with only a small portion of the smoke remaining from an average draw and that way I can regulate the amount of smoke I'm willing to tolerate going out the nose. And sometimes I also do the same retrohale procedure through the nose immediately after I expel ALL the smoke. It's not technically a retrohale at that point because the smoke is gone, but I do get a lot of extra flavor that way. Very tasty.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time

@silvermouse said:

@Bob_Luken said:

@0patience said:

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never

Waiting for some x-spurt to say that if you aren't retro-haling, you are doing it wrong.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Every time

Nah brother. I can't even taste rainbows in a bag of Skittles.

Don't look ↑