Home General Discussion

Room 101 fans, step inside please

Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like Uncle Lee cigars. Since they have all but turned into unobtainium, I find only 2 more in my humidor.

I find myself wondering, do any of the current offering taste anything like Uncle Lees? Anything close?

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Comments

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now I'm in a spot. I have one. I can either send it to you or I can smoke it to give you my "tastes most like" assessment. But then you dont get it.

Don't look ↑
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Now I'm in a spot. I have one. I can either send it to you or I can smoke it to give you my "tastes most like" assessment. But then you dont get it.

Not looking for cigars, just trying to find an alternative

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Diver43 said:

@VegasFrank said:

Oh.... you meant cigar profile.

Hey!!! Who’s WTF??!!??1 🤣🤣🤣🤣

@Vision said:

@Diver43 said:

@VegasFrank said:

would like to find the closest without smoking everything they have

@Diver43 said:

@Vision said:

@Diver43 said:

@VegasFrank said:

would like to find the closest without smoking everything they have

I’m just busting them my man. Other then the Miami Snow I haven’t had a 101 newer then 2013.

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

I think I have one left as well. Maybe we can set up a Uncle Lee go fund me. If 5 BOTL send him one boom he’s got a 5r!

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

@NorCalR1 said:

@VegasFrank said:

I think I have one left as well. Maybe we can set up a Uncle Lee go fund me. If 5 BOTL send him one boom he’s got a 5r!

NOOOOOO
    I still have two
    But would really like to find something available that is similar. Try it and if I like buy a box

Did they get released with a $5 price tag or was that the close out prices?

Yes. I would be in for a couple of 101 for that price.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see any chief cool arrows in there.

Don't look ↑

"It will be done!"
    I for one will be watching for them

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never took a shine to Uncle Lee. Much preferred Chief Cool Arrow. Uncle Lee was a fun cigar to bomb out, though, but I'm out now.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

I bought two boxes blind of Uncle Lee, based on a recommendation of a trusted source, back when they were being closed out / discounted. It took a while for me to warm up to them but maybe they were only good for me after a few years rest. It had a lot of unique, desirable characteristics that I cannot describe.

And based on my experience with Room 101 as a brand, I would probably buy any of them blind, expecting good things.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did the same, a couple of boxes on closeout, probably paid ~ $40/per. I think I still have one in the aging cooler, it is yours @Diver43 if you are interested. Wish I could tell you what other cigars are like Uncle Lee, truth is I'll smoke (almost) anything, even Backwoods Naturals, back in the day even partially smoked cigarettes in the ashtrays outside of the mall. :)

@silvermouse you have PM