Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Tilley Hat.

First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Made in Canada my Tilley has served me for over 20 years. Tilley hats were once issued to Canadian Armed forces. There is a story about a zoo keeper's Tilley that was snatched off the keepers head and eaten by a Elephant. The keeper found his hat days later in a big pile of dung. He washed it, wore it and the elephant got it again. The keeper found it again.
I have used my Tilley in all seasons and weather as it has a good chin strap for wind. Fishing, kayaking, hiking, The Tilley Airflow I have is a great hat.

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

I got more hats than I need. And, looks like I found my next one.

Edit: My next one "to buy". (Never know when someone will accuse me of dry-beggin')

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Tilley got bad sweat stains that didn't wash out, but it's a good hat. I think if I had the airflow version it would be better.

I have a Kooringal - Sahara Drover Mesh Breezer Safari Hat that I like right now, probably not as rugged as the Tilley, though, but it's mostly mesh with lots of airflow.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    My Tilley got bad sweat stains that didn't wash out, but it's a good hat. I think if I had the airflow version it would be better.

I have a Kooringal - Sahara Drover Mesh Breezer Safari Hat that I like right now, probably not as rugged as the Tilley, though, but it's mostly mesh with lots of airflow.

I have two of those. One tan and one green with animals all over it (from Disney). Never wear the things. The only time I wear a hat is when I'm way overdue for a haircut, then it's a ball cap.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.sheltahats.com/
    Couldnt figure out how to put just a plain picture so put the web site. My go to hat.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I'm traveling, I'll take the Tilley, crush proof, you can roll it up, whatever.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )