Home General Discussion
Options

Disappointed with Macanudo Cafe

It tasted like burning leaves with no taste.
A stale taste. So maybe I need a medium strength cigar or something. Luckily I only bought 5 of them

Comments

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread is pointless without pictures. B)

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

Disappointed with Macanudo? Um, yeah.

Macanudo's are great cigars to give to people who don't smoke cigars. They can light them up and pretend that they're smoking a real cigar, and those who don't know better will think so, too.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    NickermanNickerman Posts: 37

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Disappointed with Macanudo? Um, yeah.

Macanudo's are great cigars to give to people who don't smoke cigars. They can light them up and pretend that they're smoking a real cigar, and those who don't know better will think so, too.

Glad to hear you understand.
    What do you personally recommend for a tasty cigar?

• Options

San Cristobal

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

I have decided to infuse those tasteless Cafe's with something to give them flavor. No other choice but let them sit unused

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll add to Mr. Yak’s point

Check out the “What are you smoking” threads. But sometimes mine suck.

• Options

@Vision said:

I’ll add to Mr. Yak’s point

Check out the “What are you smoking” threads. But sometimes mine suck.

Also WWNS is a thing. What Would Nick (@Usaf06) Smoke? Nothing but fire, we all want to be like Nick.

• Options

Yeah, that's what I was wondering.

More old school cigars will mean more old school flavor. Time to try something new.

• Options

@Usaf06 said:
    So you took out of the threads posted above to smoke a R&J? 🤦‍♂️

Well, we all started somewhere...I remember when RyJ was my idea of a good cigar, which they were, compared the the A&C Grenadiers and Swisher Sweets that I'd been smoking. Ah, to be young again, and all that it entailed.

• Options

You can lead a horse to water, I guess.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

The title of this conversation makes me think that it belongs in the Captain obvious thread.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

Its Romeo y Julieta. No &

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was disappointed that @CAcigarguy007 wasn't the one who started this thread. :)>:)o:)>:)>:)

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Usaf06 said:

Well, we all started somewhere...I remember when RyJ was my idea of a good cigar, which they were, compared the the A&C Grenadiers and Swisher Sweets that I'd been smoking. Ah, to be young again, and all that it entailed.

My first cigar was a grenadier! Thats all my uncle used to smoke and I thought they smelled good

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Usaf06 said:

Most of us did indeed start with that ilk. It was the 'asking for advice' part and then ignoring it that made it turn sour.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Usaf06 said:

So what is your idea of a good cigar now?

• Options

@peter4jc said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Usaf06 said:

Most of us did indeed start with that ilk. It was the 'asking for advice' part and then ignoring it that made it turn sour.

You startef out with that I'll and what did you end up with?

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nickerman said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Usaf06 said:

6th post, this thread

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

@VegasFrank said:
    I was disappointed that @CAcigarguy007 wasn't the one who started this thread. :)>:)o:)>:)>:)

Mac Inspirado Red and 1968 are departures from the typical mild/blah that many are used to when they think about Macanudo. I still stand by what I said, they are both good cigars. A lot of others feel the same about the Mac Inspirado Reds based on reviews. It's not your grandpa's cigar to be sure. I don't like many of their blends either but when they get it right, they get it right. I wouldn't lay a bunch down as I have because they taste chitty.

I don't like most of the La Gloria Cubana lines either but the La Gloria Cubana Coleccion Reserva is an exception for that brand as well. Sometimes you get a winner.

There are also plenty of "boutique" brands that many touted and rave about insessantly that I find just meh, mostly about flashy bands, boxes, and gimmicks. Point being, if you like the smoke, it's a good cigar. Flavor is more important than pedigree. Taste is subjective. One man's meh is another man's bliss. :smiley:

• Options

@CAcigarguy007 said:

I don't like most of the La Gloria Cubana lines either but the La Gloria Cubana Coleccion Reserva is an exception for that brand as well. Sometimes you get a winner.

... Point being, if you like the smoke, it's a good cigar. Flavor is more important than pedigree. Taste is subjective. One man's meh is another man's bliss. :smiley:

Strongly agree

• Options

@Nickerman said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Usaf06 said:

Other than the one I recommended to you in my previous post above? Give that one a try, see how you like it, then go back and pay attention to the advice given to you by others here, in this thread, that you started.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check out anything from AJ Fernandez. For the most part inexpensive and a ton of options.