Home General Discussion

100 year old cigar worth?

I have a sol smith russell 1920 cigar. Has good looking band and color. Was not in a humidor. Is it worth anything to a collector?

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not. Most collectors want something that is smokable. I wouldn’t have a clue how you could find out.

• TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

• VisionVision Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

D
    Z
    R

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't look ↑
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

What a great gif find!

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

100 year old cigar stored perfectly would be a tough sell. Even full bodied cigars have about 20 years max of flavor life, many much less. Extensively aged cigars are about smooth nuances that are mostly appreciable through the retrohale. Not all cigars will stand up to father time. I've had plenty of decade old cigars that have pretty much gone flat. Then again, I recently gave an occasional smoker buddy of mine a cigar that I thought had gone flat and he had to smoke it in thirds (too strong he said) through the evening..lol. Guess it really depends on individual palettes. I tried one again the day after and still thought it was flat but I digress. A cigar improperly stored is nothing but a bunch of rolled up leaves. A true cigar is an experience IMO. Could make a nice display piece for the right person though. Maybe try craigslist or ebay as a "collectible".