Home Non Cigar Related
Options

A Millennial Job Interview

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

(of course being arrested for rioting burning or looting won't help either)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo0KjdDJr1c

Comments

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

^ you guys laugh but a few years ago we had a 26 year old engineer who didn’t show up til 8:45-9 everyday for about 6 months. I asked him about it a couple months in if anybody had yelled at him yet and he told me no and it was just habit from his last job that he hated. He would not go in there until 9-10 am and left at 4 everyday, he wanted to be fired so he could get unemployment but no one every said anything to him so he quit and of course we hired him.

• Options
    Shaner9erShaner9er Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

man I've already dealt with someone like this. pretty sure at my age i'm considered a millennial but i don't think i'm this bad.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shaner9er said:
    man I've already dealt with someone like this. pretty sure at my age i'm considered a millennial but i don't think i'm this bad.

Yep. You’re one. According to Pewresearch.org, anyone born between 1981 and 1996 is a millennial. 1997 starts a whole new generation.

I once watched a news video of a couple young millennial guys who were extremely pissed off at older generations because we supposedly had fvcked up the world so badly and would be leaving it to them as their legacy.

When you consider that, ever since I was a kid, each generation of parents has said the same thing - “We’re not going to be as hard on our kids as our parents were on us” - and you see where that policy has gotten us, it makes me wonder how many ‘millennials’ are among all the rioters and antifa members who are currently causing so much havoc.... 🙄🙄

Please don’t misunderstand - I’m not including you in that category of people. Your statement alone is evidence that you’re not one of those I mentioned... 👴🏻

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think there has been a degradation ( or perhaps corruption) of the definition of strong work ethic. It used to be get there first and leave last. Things are not as clear cut these days, probably residual belief in the “ as long as the work gets done “ mentality. This leaves variations in employee and employer expectations... I typically try to align those expectations, ie show up on time or we find someone else who can.

• Options
    Shaner9erShaner9er Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

@jlmarta said:

@Shaner9er said:

Yep. You’re one. According to Pewresearch.org, anyone born between 1981 and 1996 is a millennial. 1997 starts a whole new generation.

I once watched a news video of a couple young millennial guys who were extremely pissed off at older generations because we supposedly had fvcked up the world so badly and would be leaving it to them as their legacy.

When you consider that, ever since I was a kid, each generation of parents has said the same thing - “We’re not going to be as hard on our kids as our parents were on us” - and you see where that policy has gotten us, it makes me wonder how many ‘millennials’ are among all the rioters and antifa members who are currently causing so much havoc.... 🙄🙄

Please don’t misunderstand - I’m not including you in that category of people. Your statement alone is evidence that you’re not one of those I mentioned... 👴🏻

im so deeply offended right now that i dont even know what to say ;P

not really obviously yeah.. i think a part of this comes from environment as well my environment did not put any of this stuff into my brain though i will admit i do have a problem with authority.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think most cigar smokers have problems with authority.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I think most cigar smokers have problems with authority.

Sez who?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain