Options

Plume Study

2»

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

@VegasFrank
    Also, the peer pressure that everything is mold, is one reason that most people don't bring it up. As I said, the internet warriors look for any chance to tear someone apart who posts about plume and they are the same people who believe EVERY Cuban cigar is fake.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cuban cigars are a myth. No such thing.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,929 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the USB microscope, just waiting for the Plume. I have seen crystalized substances on pipe tobacco, however, that wasn't mold, but here we're talking tobacco with added liquids and flavors.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

Decided to refill my small humidor with naked sticks for my "operation older stash smoke down". Hoping to find a stick with plume again but got skunked. Probably won't come across one since most of the remaining stuff is from 2016 and up. Had some really dark cellos but no plume. I inspected every one.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CAcigarguy007 said:
    Decided to refill my small humidor with naked sticks for my "operation older stash smoke down". Hoping to find a stick with plume again but got skunked. Probably won't come across one since most of the remaining stuff is from 2016 and up. Had some really dark cellos but no plume. I inspected every one.

I find myself more disappointed with the naked sticks then the ones left in cellophane. Granted mine have been naked for 7+ years....

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

@0patience said:
    @VegasFrank
    Also, the peer pressure that everything is mold, is one reason that most people don't bring it up. As I said, the internet warriors look for any chance to tear someone apart who posts about plume and they are the same people who believe EVERY Cuban cigar is fake.

Fair point, Tony. I have literally seen every cigar smoked in those 3 threads in the last 2 years, and have yet to see one with suspected plume either.

I am going to hold a plume contest in the trades, passes, and bombs section. We are going to get to the bottom of this.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had many many cigars with early signs of mold. I just wipe it off, check the rest, and smoke whatever was near those infected cigars in short order.

However, I once bought some Partagas #1's at a small B&M where the girl who stocked the humidor always just added cigars to the box that was on display when they started to get low. I took the ones from the bottom, 6 or 7 of them, and they had a twinkly substance evenly distributed the length of the cigars.

Whatever it was, it didn't look like the mold I've seen so many times, and the cigars were awesome. Should have took pictures.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:

I find myself more disappointed with the naked sticks then the ones left in cellophane. Granted mine have been naked for 7+ years....

I keep mine in cello for storage. I only fill the small one up with what I intend to smoke in the next few weeks. Got tired of hauling down heavy bins every time I want to grab a smoke. It's like a plastic desktop humidor

However, if I had a smaller collection or was the buy and smoke type, naked is the way to go. Two weeks naked is like two months with cello. The cigars acclimate much quicker and they won't lose much oil if smoked within 6 months or so. I'd never store long term naked though. I've done it before and the cigars lose flavor too fast if you have a larger collection.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

they are "limited edition", just like the expensive cigars are. The lies that come attached to products are unbelievable. I guess they meant that the bag they come in is a limited edition.