Home Cigar 101
Options

Does Anyone Know Where To Find These Cigars?

Good Evening Cigar Enthusiasts!

I only have 3 cigars left on my bucket list. I'm not sure if I can't find them because they sell out quick or if they stopped making them.

Can anyone offer any input?

The 3 Cigars Are:

1.) La Flor de Cano Short Churchill (Cigar Aficionado 96 Rated In 1992)

2.) La Flor Dominicana Salomon 7 x 64 (Cigar Aficionado 95 Rated And #13 Cigar of 2009)

3.) Louisx (Made Specifically For Beverly Hills Cigar Club)

Thanks In Advance!

Comments

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭

1.) These are close https://www.cubancigaronline.com/product/cuban-cigars/la-flor-de-cano/la-flor-de-cano-short-robustos/

2.) Several places backorder only

3.) Your gonna have to contact Beverly Hills cigar club

Welcome, tell us about you and available cigars you like

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Padrino24Padrino24 Posts: 12

@Diver43 said:
    1.) These are close https://www.cubancigaronline.com/product/cuban-cigars/la-flor-de-cano/la-flor-de-cano-short-robustos/

2.) Several places backorder only

3.) Your gonna have to contact Beverly Hills cigar club

Welcome, tell us about you and available cigars you like

1.) Ahh so they are Cubans. No wonder they are hard to find!

2.) I haven't found any websites that sell them. I wouldn't mind a backorder.

3.) I figured that might be the case.

As for me, I've smoked every Cigar Aficionado Cigar of The Year winner (except Cubans) from when they started in 2004. If the cigar of the year winner happened to be a Cuban I smoked the runner-up instead. I've also smoked every Cigar Aficionado cigar rated 95 and higher (except Cubans). The only Cuban cigar I've smoked so far was the Montecristo No. 2 and I really enjoyed it. If I had to recommend a cigar to someone it would definitely be the My Father La Opulencia as that's my go to cigar.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you have been smoking cigars for some time now. Hopefully you stick around and share some of your experiences.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a reason you are limiting yourself by not smoking Cubans? IMO they are the best morning cigar with coffee

• Options

@deadman said:
    Is there a reason you are limiting yourself by not smoking Cubans? IMO they are the best morning cigar with coffee

I would love to smoke some Cubans but they aren't easy to come by. I placed an order for Cubans from an international website and when I requested tracking they told me that they are waiting for move inventory to arrive and to give them a week to ship. Well a week turned into a month and then I just ended up getting refunded.
    That transaction left a bad taste in my mouth (no pun intended) so I stuck to ordering within the U.S. If anyone can recommend a good website to get Cubans I'd be willing to give it another try. Another reason I haven't made it a point to get Cubans is because I hear they have to be stored at a lower humidity. Is this true? If so I'd have to get another wineador.

Here are my top 10 bucket list cubans:

1.) Cohiba 1966 Edición Limitada 2011 - 6 1/2 x 52
    2.) Cohiba Behike BHK 54 - 5 3/4 x 54
    3.) Cohiba Esplendido - 7 x 47
    4.) Cohiba Robusto - 4 7/8 x 50
    5.) Cohiba Siglo III - 6 1/8 x 42
    6.) Cohiba Siglo V - 6 3/4 x 43
    7.) Hoyo de Monterrey Double Corona - 7 5/8 x 49
    8.) Partagás Serie P No. 2 - 6 1/8 x 52
    9.) Punch Double Corona - 7 5/8 x 49
    10.) Ramon Allones Specially Selected - 4 7/8 x 50

Can anyone recommend a website that should have some of these? I'm guessing that some of these cigars are no longer produced as I extracted a few of them from an older list.

• Options

Shipping international this year has been terrible since there’s less flights to add cargo to. Of your list I have had the Serie P no. 2 and it is a good smoke. I keep my Cubans the same rh as non Cubans 68% and all in the same cooler.

• Options

@deadman said:
    Shipping international this year has been terrible since there’s less flights to add cargo to. Of your list I have had the Serie P no. 2 and it is a good smoke. I keep my Cubans the same rh as non Cubans 68% and all in the same cooler.

Yes that was a concern for me as well. For the last 6 months when I check my tracking numbers for orders I've placed I happen to see "delayed" or "arriving late" more often than not.

I keep my RH at 69% so maybe I'll keep them commingled or just buy an inexpensive humidor to keep Cubans in and keep that one at 65%.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Padrino24 said:

@deadman said:

Yes that was a concern for me as well. For the last 6 months when I check my tracking numbers for orders I've placed I happen to see "delayed" or "arriving late" more often than not.

I keep my RH at 69% so maybe I'll keep them commingled or just buy an inexpensive humidor to keep Cubans in and keep that one at 65%.

TUP-AHH-DOOR = inexpensive humidor to keep Cubans in and keep that one at 65%.

Rubbermaid Brilliance

• Options
    edited September 2020

@Vision said:

@Padrino24 said:

@deadman said:

TUP-AHH-DOOR = inexpensive humidor to keep Cubans in and keep that one at 65%.

Rubbermaid Brilliance

Haha, I actually bought a Sistema to use as a tupperdor to transport my cigars when I moved. I forgot I even had it. Thanks for reminding me!

Post edited by Padrino24 on
  • Options

@Padrino24 said:

@deadman said:

Did a box split of Wunderlust from DE back in the spring, took like 2 months the get them

• Options

@deadman said:

@Padrino24 said:

@deadman said:

Did a box split of Wunderlust from DE back in the spring, took like 2 months the get them

I don't like the idea of my cigars sitting in a box without the proper humidity for over 2 months.

• Options

@Padrino24 said:

@deadman said:

@Padrino24 said:

@deadman said:

I don't like the idea of my cigars sitting in a box without the proper humidity for over 2 months.

Good shop, they where packaged with boveda packs.

• Options

@deadman said:

@Padrino24 said:

@deadman said:

@Padrino24 said:

@deadman said:

Good shop, they where packaged with boveda packs.

Ah ok then it's ok. Most places include those water pillows inside the package. The only problem with that is that they're still sealed and not providing any RH.

Instead of starting a new topic I'll just ask here. Does anyone know of a website that still sells the La Aurora Puro Vintage Salomon 2006 Edicion 111 Aniversario? I purchased a 5 pack months ago from CigarPage and gifted a couple to my Uncle who is an avid cigar smoker. Believe it or not, he told me me it was one of the best cigars he has ever smoked so I'm trying to get him some more.

• Options

Has anyone ever purchased from Cigars-of-Cuba? I was just wondering if it's a legit website considering they have 4 of my Cuban bucket list cigars in stock.

Is there any difference in cigars that are sold in many different ways? For instance, there are 4 ways to buy a Cohiba Siglo III. You can get a stick in a tubo, a stick taken from a box of 25, a 3 pack box of tubos, or a 5 pack box with each stick individually boxed. I'm guessing it's all marketing but I'm interested in knowing if you had the option would you prefer an individual stick taken from a box of 25 or one that comes in a tubo.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

They're all the same sticks, just different packaging. Don't know if the Cuban tubos are packed with a cedar sleeve or not. Tubos have a higher risk of growing mold, so unscrew them when storing in your humidor.

Oh, and in my opinion, I like cigar journal's top 25 list better than aficionado, but that's just me. The cigar.com forum top 25 list beats both of them. CA is just hype on a glossy page, but to each his own.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tubos are usually more expensive for the same cigar.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:
    They're all the same sticks, just different packaging. Don't know if the Cuban tubos are packed with a cedar sleeve or not. Tubos have a higher risk of growing mold, so unscrew them when storing in your humidor.

Oh, and in my opinion, I like cigar journal's top 25 list better than aficionado, but that's just me. The cigar.com forum top 25 list beats both of them. CA is just hype on a glossy page, but to each his own.

I'm going to check out Cigar Journal and this websites top 25 right now. Cigar Aficionado has the biggest name but like all publications they are just opinions. Half of the cigars I smoked that won "Cigar of the Year" or received a 95+ rating I didn't agree with but then again everyone's palate/preference/taste is different.

• Options

Never heard of that website.

• Options

@deadman said:
    Never heard of that website.

I did my due diligence and then felt safest placing my order with La Casa Del Tabaco. Let's see how long my package takes to arrive.