Home Cigar 101
Options

Humidor Tube for Single Cigar

Hi, I am interested in purchasing a tube that retains the humidity of a cigar purchased at a store. I will store the cigar in my humidifying bag, until I am ready to travel. I do like the tube's that have a hygrometer, but what is the point of having one if the humidity is lost? The issue is, I guess, I do not know how much humidity will be lost in an afternoon span. Second, is there a way to stabilize the tube's humidity, since a Bovedo pack cannot fit into the tube? In addition, I am not interested in purchasing a travel case, because I would only be carrying one cigar. Though, if there is no room in a single tube to fit a humidifying packet, then perhaps a larger cylindrical tube may suffice. What are your thoughts? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use an old coffin, DZR, from a previously smoked cigar because I'm not going to worry about the humidity loss of the cigar over an afternoon span unless I'm going to Burning Man. The coffin just offers physical protection. When I took some cigars out of a tupperdor on the salt flat Playa at Burning Man the wrappers immediately cracked and started to unravel. It probably would have been better not to keep them in the tupperdor and let them acclimate rather than shocking them.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to have a Plastic telescoping one from Cuban crafters back in 2010, worked good but I gave it to a buddy. No more than I smoked back then I didn’t need it.

Like Yak said use an old tube, no need for humidification then.