Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Guess I’m getting old

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sneezed so hard a few days ago jacked my back all up. Been using heating pads and Bio Freeze ever since. Finally able to get out of bed without having to rollover and slide out. 🤬

Comments

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

If sneezin' jacks you up yer in deep trouble, Otis.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    If sneezin' jacks you up yer in deep trouble, Otis.

When I was in my 20's I snapped both of my bottom ribs with a sneeze. Sneezing jacks you up no matter how old you are.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've felt a tweak when sneezing before. Luckily my back is always sore so it wasn't really an inconvenience.

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well at least you didn't shi t yourself and pull your back while sneezing.....Happened to my father in law, but he was in his mid sixties.....Getting old isn't for the weak.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Wife has thrown her back out with coughing fits, not fun.

My old herf dog is getting unsteady on his feet and totters around getting stuck in corners, but in his dreams I see him running full bore. He must wake up exhausted.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

and from the reverse--when I broke a couple of ribs I did everything I could to avoid sneezing.

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been having lots of back problems associated with kidney stones. Thankfully, the stones are passed and the back pain is mostly gone, but the one thing that helped was getting a new bed mattress. It's amazing how much a new mattress makes, and I will admit I was one of the ignorant folks who thought a new bed would last longer than 10 years. Wrong! I got a "bed in box" delivered to my door off Amazon, (Sweetnight 10" gel/foam) weighs 60 lbs. and rolled up in plastic. After I unpacked it right on top of the box spring, the thing just magically expanded into a firm mattress in a few hours. The only bad thing was the old Lemoyne mattress had to be wrestled out the door, and that took its toll on me. I give this new one maybe 5 years, but for a little over $300 it was a steal for not having to leave the house or request delivery from a local shop during Covid.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."