Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Happy Birthday Marines

First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

The United States Marine Corps was founded in in a smoky bar called Tuns Tavern in Philadelphia on November 10th 1775. Marines have celebrated that day every year for the 245 years we have served this nation. It is a special day.
At a place called Khe Sanh in 1966 after months of C-Rations we finally got hot chow. The steaks we got were flown in on C-130's for our USMC birthday on Nov. 10th. We had no trays so sat in the mud and ate those steaks out of our helmets.
Happy Birthday fellow Leathernecks
Semper Fidelis

Comments

• Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Semper Fi

Thank you for your service Rodger

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your service, Roger, and happy Marine birthday.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

At Parris Island when I was a recruit our Drill Instructor, Sgt Rash, would get drunk and come into the squad bay in the middle of the night and get us all up and at attention. We would then right shoulder our footlockers and march in a big circle. After a hour Rash would leave and we could sleep.
    Sgt Rash was ok though and revealed to us his father was killed by a Japanese machine gun on Iwo Jima and all he ever wanted to be was a Marine. Sgt Rash himself was killed by a Bouncing Betty in Vietnam two years later while going to the aid of one of his wounded Marines.
    Semper Fi,

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Semper Fi to all our Marines! I made the terrible mistake one day of introducing one of my colleagues at the college as a former Marine. I never made that mistake again.

There is no such thing as a former Marine.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

I made that mistake, too, and was promptly corrected. Happy birthday Marines.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

Semper Fi

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭

No wonder I can't find a Crayon anywhere >:)

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5