Home Non Cigar Related

Rough Times but Thanks to BOTL

TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Y'all,

Wanted to post a bit about this. I've been away from the forum for a few months as life has gotten very difficult for my family and I. Not a sob story and not going to get into the details but in the past two months I've: bought a house, lost my job, found out my dad has been taking out loans in my name for years, had a cancer scare with my wife, and had a COVID scare with my two year old (they're both fine). Been an absolutely **** show that I could have never imagined. But you brothers (and a few sisters) have kept me smiling and laughing from all the lame crotchety humor; thanks for being such a great community, and I'm thrilled to be a part of it.

But, I just accepted an offer for a new job and am starting next week. So I want to run a few contests for this crew in thanks for keeping my spirits up! I'll be creating new discussion threads for the contests.

Thank you all again!

Comments

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Circle of life, rough times get better, hope things are on an upswing for ya. Glad your family is doing well.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hang in there, looks like you have the strength to weather this. 2020 will go down in history as a really sucky year.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats and good luck on the new job, Taylor. 2020 has sucked so for for most people but we'll keep plugging along. Hopefully 2021 will be a good year.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything happens for a reason.....As one door closes, another one opens.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Obstacles in life are either tall or wide; seldom are they both. Sounds like you're going around or over these. Keep the faith, Brother.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

"Life is like a ****. Sometimes its up, sometimes its down, but it is never hard for long" Glad to hear you things are getting better. Hang in there

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad your prevailing and things are turning around.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just Wow
    Glad everyone is well and you got the job offer. Hope you work out the issue with you dad.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

You just summed up my 2020. Glad it has worked out for you. Just remember to always push forward. If you ever want to herf let me know, I get on occasionally on the weekends.

My nephew went through the same thing with his dad, it took about a year or so to straighten out.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you’re going through hell keep on going. Congrats on the new job